What series carrier do I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What series carrier do I have?

ok ..kinda newbish question so bare with me... allright how do i tell if i have a serries 2 or serries 3 carrier .. i cant check pro codes cuz its not the stock rear end.. the guy i bought it from put an lsd in it so im not shure what gears he used ..(3.08's-3.23's..serries 2) or(3.23's..3.43's..4.10's..serries 3) so how am i to figure that out? is there some kidna code or something on the gears themselfs or something.. if anyone knows please help me out..thanx
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Re: help me please

ask in the drivetrain section
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Did he put in only LSD or gears also?
      <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
        Did he put in only LSD or gears also?
        thats the thing im not 100% shure.. from what i knwo he took a whoel rear end from a bird that did have lsd and put it on there.. so im not shure.. they might be 308s (my rpo code) or might be 3.23s or somethign elses i dont know..but i figured out a way to find otu my gears a guy over on ls1tech helped me out..hoipefulyl thatll work out.. reason being was i was going to buy 3.73's or 4.10's and i wasnt shrue if i had the right carrier for them..

and while i said that might as well ask.. anyone with a 3.4 and gears have any sugestions before i decided on 3.73s or 4.10s? i know highway gas will suck with 4.10s but i was wondering if 4.10s are to much for a 3.4
        <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

lol dont mind the complete lack of spell checking in that..its 2 in the mournign allmost and im tierd so bare with me on that to haha

Comment

Well if it's a rearend from another F-body with posi it could be 2.73's, 3.23's, or 3.42's. 2.73's have a 2 series carrier and 3.23's and 3.42's have a 3 series carrier. What are your rpms at 60mph? Is your car auto or 5 speed?
            <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

his car is an auto, ive never rode in his car so i dont know the rpms. but im pretty sure theres not 2.73's in it. it'd be an absolute dog off the line,and it wouldnt want to go on the highway becuase on LS1's 2.73s @ 2000 rpm = 80 mph. so at 65 or so in OD his car would stall, or at least chugg and bog really bad.

2.73 werent stock im 5 speed or 6 speeds, so there might be a change thats what he has, the previous owner probally got the gears out of an auto car.

i thought it was, everything ( and including ) 3.23's and numberlly lower is seriers 2?
              1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

well.. i had 373s put into my rear end and before that i had 308s in them the way i figured that out was by dividing the number of teeth on the ring gear by the teeth on the pinion then it was 308s which is the numerically higest number for a two series carrier. (so i was told)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X