This is a funny question.....wheres my transmisison dipstick? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a funny question.....wheres my transmisison dipstick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a funny question.....wheres my transmisison dipstick?

Ok i'm sure some of you are going "wtf noob" lol. I've had this car for less than two months, so I haven't really had time to familiarize myself with the engine bay. But I cannot find the transmission dipstick???? I bought a Haynes manual and they show where an automatic one is but not manual? The car in question is a 95' 3.4 5 speed. I feel so dumb for asking this but i'm really stumped. Thanks

~josh~

Here are some pictures of my engine bay when I bought the car http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2440156/4

Re: This is a funny question.....wheres my transmisison dipstick?

Originally posted by Firebird Phoenix
    I bought a Haynes manual and they show where an automatic one is but not manual? The car in question is a 95' 3.4 5 speed.

lmao!! The dipstick is right next to the blinker fluid reservoir. Keep looking...

Manual Transmissions don't have a dipstick.

Thanks bro...I needed that
    sigpic

Comment

There may be some cars that have a dipstick for the tranny fluid on a manual, but these dont. I *believe* you have to just get under the car and check it by opening one of the fill plugs. But if your doing that you might as well change it, though manuals really don't need to be changed like automatics do.

Comment

Yes, if you have never changed the fluid or bought the car not know if it was changed, I'd recommend it. If you've never done it before, ask how much a shop would charge you to do it. It's basically like changing your oil, but a little more complicated.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman
          lmao!! The dipstick is right next to the blinker fluid reservoir. Keep looking...

Manual Transmissions don't have a dipstick.

Thanks bro...I needed that
          I had a feeling I had something like this coming since it's my first manual car lol.

Yeah my intent was to see how good/bad the transmission fluid is. Thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

~josh~

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird Phoenix
            I had a feeling I had something like this coming since it's my first manual car lol.
            I actually did the same thing with my first manual too when I was 17. My friends told me that if I found it, they'd give me 50 bux. I was literally standing inside of the engine bay of my 76 Trans Am looking for that damn dipstick...as they laughed their asses off.

Oh well, live-n-learn:rolleyes:
            sigpic

Comment

if you are goin to try and check your fluid, go ahead and have it changed. It a pain in the *** to get under the car and stick ya finger in the hole to see if you have any fluid and what it looks like.
              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

yea, if you get it changed, get a new filter
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X