what is this and do you have it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this and do you have it?

ok so i look in my fuse box and i see this pink wire. i look in my lil manual and it says "for aftermarket use only". what is this wire? and does anybody else have it?
    Pics:

come get some
    http://www.canyoumaketheturn.com/

Re: what is this and do you have it?

Someone used the fuse spot as a remote power, thats where i have my nitrous hooked up to.

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
    '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
    '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

i get my car back tomorrow so i'll check...

but for some reason i think i do have that and wasn't sure what it was for either. Maybe i'm wrong.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

That fuse spot is just their to give off power, it means you had a system once before, prolly before you bought the car, usually it's blue though not pink, were does the end of the wire go? it's gotta go somewere dude, either way that's more than ... no im sure that's what it is haha sooo nothing important or anything... i don't think it should be anyways

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Ls2
          That fuse spot is just their to give off power, it means you had a system once before, prolly before you bought the car, usually it's blue though not pink, were does the end of the wire go? it's gotta go somewere dude, either way that's more than ... no im sure that's what it is haha sooo nothing important or anything... i don't think it should be anyways
          i had a system once before? what kinda system? lol

come get some

Comment

obviously a ghetto one!
            2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

just follow the wire and see where it goes...i had something like that and it was to a old stero system the car had before i got it.

Comment

i have a pink wire in mine...I have a radar detctor, i cut off the cigarette liter end and it has a pink and white wire in it...I slid the pink wire in with the ignition fuse and grounded the white one under dash. so that it onluy comes on when i turn on my car...but its a pink wire, looks jus like that

Comment

lol by system i mean like an amp and some subs... er the pink (aka blue) wire are their to give just enough power to the amp to let it know to come on, i actually wired a light switch to turn off my amp, one time my foglight switch was my amp switch i just get creative

Comment

That's called a rocker switch. But, in your case I would call that a ghetto switch. :P

I have 2 installed in my wife's LHS for the two amps. It makes pounding headache's and drives me crazy to have to hear 3 15's bumping when all I want to hear is my Killswitch Engage :(

Comment

oh well that was there when i got the car, and i emailed the previous owner, he said all he ever did to the car was fuel,oil, and wash. lol i have the monsoon sound system that came stock with the car. although the radio isnt there anymore, or the speakers lol but could that be connected the the monsoon amp?

come get some

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X