Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Tail lights...!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWO-H...63614066QQrdZ1

I just want to know if these will fit in my tail lights, it says 1 3/8 inch and i assume that's small enough to fit, but i want to know for sure... anyone know?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: LED Tail lights...!!

You could probably find those at Autozone or something...

Personally, I don't like them. I put them on my Thunderbird and they sucked. They're harder to see because they're just little red dots instead of the whole red part and they make the turn signals blink really fast like they're on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by mwood88
      You could probably find those at Autozone or something...

Personally, I don't like them. I put them on my Thunderbird and they sucked. They're harder to see because they're just little red dots instead of the whole red part and they make the turn signals blink really fast like they're on steroids.

Those have 48 LEDs PER LIGHT. There are like 16 radially mounted so that it fills up the tail too. I've been told from someone who installed them on a camaro that it won't mess up the blinking rate unless i replace the front blinkers too. So we'll find out. I purchased them.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

id make led letters to say, kiss my *** or something along those lines, just to piss ppl off.
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Those SUCK!

I bought the same thing for my bike, not even CLOSE to being as bright. And the brighter setting for the brakes isnt hardly any different than the running light.

Comment

Originally posted by summitlt
            Those SUCK!

I bought the same thing for my bike, not even CLOSE to being as bright. And the brighter setting for the brakes isnt hardly any different than the running light.

the exact same ones?

These have 48 LEDs per light, each at 6000 mcds. That is considerably bright. I would guess probably brighter than incandescents, though i know most LED conversions aren't as bright.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

my freind has those in his camaro....

1. thier not bright at all in daylight...i could barely see it when he signals and ****

2. they do blink faster but thats w/e

Comment

you can fix the blinking problem by buying a flasher that doesnt detect outages, but the LEDs suck, tried and failed, you will regret it

Comment

i just figured 6000 mcds x 48 is 288,000 which is brighter than the brightest white led I've ever heard of, so i figured these ones in particular should be better than most the other LEDs out there, possibly brighter than stock. i guess we'll see... Worst case, i got them for the third tail light too, so i can at least keep those.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

6,000 mcd refers to the intensity of the LED's... so each LED has an intensity rating of 6,000 mcd... that doesn't mean if you have multiple ones they'll be brighter... just means you have a big group of 6,000 mcd rated LEDs... so 6,000 mcd x 48 LED's ='s 48, 6,000 mcd LED's... and those won't fit... unless you do what i did and cut bigger holes... which is kind of a pain... sorry to rain on your parade...

anyways... I have LED taillights... they are very bright and they don't blink any different from stock... my secret?... I installed them right... this includes wiring the proper resistors in the system and so on... I'll make a thread detailing the installation when I make my new taillights...

Comment

coasterkev, what resistors did you put in? I figured i would need resistors but i don't know what resistance i should go with..
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

it depends... if you're not doing anything fancy and just putting in replacement LED bulbs... www.superbrightleds.com has resistors that should be the right ones... they also have a lot of good info and resources for replacing your bulbs with LEDs... and they carry good quality LED bulbs... not like autozone or ebay... although ebay has some steals everyonce in a while...

Comment

Do you know what the band colors or the ratings of resistors are? I have access to resistors for basically no cost to me, and i'd rather not wait for shipping if i can get a hold of them for so much easier.

I still don't understand quite what you meant about the brightness. I know that 6000 mcds isn't going to be 288000 mcds in any given spot, but the actual light output of each and every LED in ever direction combined should be 288Kmcd right? According to superbrightleds, the more LEDs, the more light, and with enough they can actually appear brighther than incandescents, in which case i think 48 LEDs at 6000 mcds each should possibly be as bright if not brighter than stock.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

The color bands of the resistors depends on your setup... if you're going to be installing the LED bulbs... they should already have the resistors built in that are distinguished by color bands... these keep the LEDs from burning out... the resistors I'm talking about are much larger than that... we're talking mega ohms... they aren't very expensive off of superbrightleds.com... like 5$... they're the safest bet...

The only reason they seem brighter is because they are lighting up a larger area... they are still collectively only 6,000 mcd's... and they should be at least the same brightness/intensity as the stock incandescents... if you want brightness that rivals cadillac's LED taillights... you need to get some in the range of 12,000 mcd's... and clear lenses instead of the diffused ones we all have would help too... that's the biggest snag i've hit with making my custom taillights... finding clear lenses...

Comment

I got them, installed them today, had to cut a hole helluva lot from the original socket to fit the considerably larger LED bulbs in, but they are definitely brighter than the other lights when my running lights are on, and even brighter when the brakes are on.

48 LEDs at 6000mcds is in fact brighter at all angles than the old incandescents, compared head to head.

Those also have built-in resistors, so my flash rates are not affected at all.:tup: :tup:
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X