Dimmed Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimmed Brakes

I originally thought one of my brake lights was out, but it is merely dimmer than the other. I swapped in a new bulb, same problem. My dad looked and said it looked like someone had modified the ground for the light. Any suggestions? I'd like people to know when I'm braking ^.^

Re: Dimmed Brakes

I had this same problem and what i noticed was that there was condensation buildup in on the side that was dimmer. I thought that it was just the condensation that was making it appear darker, but when I looked closer i found that the shiny silver backdrop used for reflection had turned black(looking into clear reverse light, firebird). Most likely from the condensation having been in there so long. I don't know if there is any way to bring it back to the way the other side looks, but wiping it with a paper towel didn't remove any of the blackness. I don't know if this is why one side of your tails is darker than the other but it might be something to look out for.

Comment

I'll take a look at it. I didn't pull the other light out to see if the bulbs burned the same while outside of the tail light assembly. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this if it is the problem?

Comment

Sounds like a bad ground. A very common problem on these cars.

Comment

Yea especially if its been modified in the past, try re-grounding it...
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

I'll try that this weekend. Work + school = no time to work on car

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X