LED Reading Lamp (Map lights)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Reading Lamp (Map lights)

i was browsing through images on google and came across this.

After market LEDs for the reading lamps never crossed my mind. I think it looks spectacular and may consider this as a next modification. :tup:

I'm also considering a new shift knob, just like that one. :)

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Re: LED Reading Lamp (Map lights)

yeah, it looks pretty cool. Depending on what you go with, would draw a lot less current and be brighter than the bulbs in there now as well. wouldn't have to worry about draining the battery if you left the interior lights on.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

TomRS has them done...i acutally just ordered the bulbs last night to do those the rear dome and my reverse lights

87 Firebird RIP
      96 Camaro RS RIP
      94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
      02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
        yeah, it looks pretty cool. Depending on what you go with, would draw a lot less current and be brighter than the bulbs in there now as well. wouldn't have to worry about draining the battery if you left the interior lights on.
        Indeed.

Originally posted by SilverRS96
        TomRS has them done...i acutally just ordered the bulbs last night to do those the rear dome and my reverse lights
        oh really i didnt know that. may have to search for some pictures of his.
        post pics Mark when you have them installed.. what are you referring to by the reverse lights? 3rd brake light? anyways, i may buy a z28 speedometer tomorrow and order some LEDs for it. Anyone know where i can find the bulb #s? too lazy to search haha

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

i did my whole interior. i made the Led boards n stuff DIY. map, glove box, console, dome light. and the door ones you've seen the page for the guy who did it before right? http://www.lastofthebreed.com/Installs/InstallIndex.htm

Comment

yea, look at my cardomain
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold
            1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

woo
              http://www.lastofthebreed.com/Instal...DMapLights.htm
              looks good

Comment

I did mine last January. Did the gauge cluster, HVAC, and headlight controls too:

1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

Originally posted by 98 3.8
                  I did mine last January. Did the gauge cluster, HVAC, and headlight controls too:

How did you do that and was it hard?
                  1996 Silver Camaro RS, A4, K&N CAI, Flowtech exhaust, !MAF screen.

http://www.fquick.com/96silverbullet

Comment

Originally posted by gugdathug3

I'm also considering a new shift knob, just like that one. :)

it may just be me, but that shift knob looks HUGE lol :banana:
                    1999 v6 Camaro M5
                    Automatic to Manual converted
                    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
                    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

get them on ebay just put mine in a few days ago looks great... got them of this guy
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/194-1...6057QQtcZphoto

Comment

I think they look freakin awesome and I will probly get some ........ one day

Comment

im going to try out this companty out with my jeep and see what they are all about a lot of my wrangler buddies use this site and it works ok http://www.autolumination.com/

Comment

Yeah someday when my dash lights start burning out I'd like to replace them with LEDs...I think it'd be pretty cool.
                            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Looking thru the electrical section's bulb faq, it says the map lights are 212-2 and the "dome light" is 906. Looking up 906, I know for fact what I would consider the "dome light" is not 906, and looks exactly like a 212-2.

Now, I didn't take the mirror apart to figure out what those bulbs looked like, but now i'm skeptical if I should trust the faq and go for the 212-2s in the map lights. I certainly wouldn't consider those dome lights.

EDIT: figured it out, the mirror bulbs are in fact 212-2s. No idea where the 906 comes in though.
                              Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 12-10-2007, 10:16 PM.
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X