Clear side marker lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear side marker lights

will these clear side marker lights fit my 93 3.4 firebird? i've got the clear turn signals so it will look great if these will fit.

also will i have to get new red bulbs to install with them? i imagine it is not legal to have white marker lights....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97...spagenameZWDVW

Re: Clear side marker lights

Yea it'll fit!! Not a bad price either..

Comment

its strange that the turn signals are cheaper =) guess u pay for luxuries

Comment

yeah they are ridiculously priced. There was about 3 months where I couldn't find ANY dealers. ebay had none, the one place i found them it was like 100 plus shipping.

I went to vleds seller on ebay, and got a red 194 LED. It's perfectly clear when it's off, so in the day it's just the clear corner, but at night it lights up red.

Then again, i smoked my rear clear side markers, but you can still tell because it's not completely blacked out.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

so those led's would fit what im doin right? id rather use clear bulbs otherwise it might look tarded....kinda like red eye in pictures....

Comment

yeah, these are the ones i got:
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-SUP...QQcmdZViewItem
            the inverted cone design helps with the directional light output of an led, making more light go to the sides and fill up the marker.

The other designs could be better, but this works just fine and is the cheapest i've seen.

I'd double check the bulb # though, i'm not positive the bulb is the same between maros and birds, though it probably is
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

thanx schlozky

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
                so those led's would fit what im doin right? id rather use clear bulbs otherwise it might look tarded....kinda like red eye in pictures....
                Yeah, I did the led thing and it looked too much like it was a spot light in there, it didn't fill the entire marker, so I went back to the red 194s and this is what it looks like.

I think I might have to try the cone ones you posted Schlotzky.

Rob
                \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

yeah i don't like that look, looks ricey with a red bulb in there.

Comment

There is a guy here with the leds in his clear cide markers and clear corners and it looks normal when there are on, minus they are leds. I have the clear corners and side markers , just not installing them until I paint the car. But what do you guys think would be better leds or normal bulbs?

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
                      yeah i don't like that look, looks ricey with a red bulb in there.
                      Well that's a close-up, if you're more than 10 ft away, you really can't tell what kind of bulb is in it. It's not as ricey as clear markers on a red car though.

Rob
                      \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam94
                        There is a guy here with the leds in his clear cide markers and clear corners and it looks normal when there are on, minus they are leds. I have the clear corners and side markers , just not installing them until I paint the car. But what do you guys think would be better leds or normal bulbs?
                        LED bulbs have two main advantages over incandescent (normal) bulbs. They turn on and off almost instantly, and they use much less power. In this particular case, the advantages don't make much difference, so the only thing putting LEDs on top is the fact that they are clear when they are off. The downside is they cost a bit more, but it's not expensive by any means so it's your choice.
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

hey fellas, i just ordered the clear markers and those l.e.d.'s that shlotzky showed me... i will get some before and after pics when i install if u guys care to see

Comment

the light distribution isn't identical to an incandescent, but these do a pretty good job. here is a shot of one of those leds behind my smoked clear side markers..

and the best part of leds: the color will never fade, it's more pure than a red light bulb to begin with, and it will last much much longer.
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

thanks shlotzky

look good ! and im sure this will be a 5 mintute mod so good upgrade considering how much money and time spent on it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X