93-97 Firebird Foglights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93-97 Firebird Foglights

Ok guys, I have a 93 firebird with no fog lights, but a good spot to put them righ in the nostril.

lets say i got these ones

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/in...ROD&ProdID=389

whats the precedure to install? How did you wire it up?
    Has anyone installed fog lights on a 93-97 firebird? What do the wires connect into? What did you do for a switch? And finally, how did you get off the nostril panels and mount it?

Are there any write ups out there? Anyone whos done this please help out. Or if you've got some pics that would be great.

I would love to have fog lights to make it brighter while driving, but on top of that i love the way it looks and this would be about 50 % in regards to looks only =)
    Last edited by tkoforpresident; 01-01-2008, 01:41 PM.

Re: 93-97 Firebird Foglights

those look good, but i would do a better job of installing them than those guys did haha they are all crooked
    1999 White Pontiac
    A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

:rock:

Comment

oh and i think you tap into the head light power or you can just simple run to anything with power, and then the switch will run to where ever you want it too, its been a while since i put lights on anything but i think the hardest part is just mounting the light, on my old eclipse i just ran it straight to the battery where i had my stereo plugged in
      1999 White Pontiac
      A4, slp loudmouth, pacesetter headers, ws6 wheels, SLP cold air kit, wings west kit

Comment

hmmm so you just kinda jack into the headlight wires?

still, how do u run the switch? thanx for the input btw

Comment

i think the lights should come with a switch that you can just mount anywhere, get creative, if it doesnt you just need a normal little toggle switch or something, find it at home depot, when you buy the lights it will tell you how to do it, its not a hard task, if i remeber right all you need is a power wire, and a ground...you dont have to go into the head lights if you dont want, you can just run the red power wire with the fog lights directly to the battery terminal(positive) , buy them lights and check out the directions it will further explain it, if you have any more questions or need some help in the process just let me know, you will prolly find it real easy once you start
          1999 White Pontiac

Comment

thanx, 3.8fury gave me a good write up from fullthrottllev6.com ... it does seem pretty simple, in fact it looks like i can draw power from the red box on the fenderwell so i don't even have to hook it up to the battery. I'm gonna buy the firehawk fog lights and probably a cheap fog light wiring kit from ebay and hopefully go from there. I'm still wondering if its better to mount them with screws or with double sided tape.....

Comment

screws man, make it perminate dont make it temp. you will be going down the road one day and have 1 light when you get home lol, just do it the hard way first
              1999 White Pontiac

Comment

true but it'd be much easier lo

Comment

haha yeah but what happens when one falls off lol
                  1999 White Pontiac

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
                    thanx, 3.8fury gave me a good write up from fullthrottllev6.com ... it does seem pretty simple, in fact it looks like i can draw power from the red box on the fenderwell so i don't even have to hook it up to the battery. I'm gonna buy the firehawk fog lights and probably a cheap fog light wiring kit from ebay and hopefully go from there. I'm still wondering if its better to mount them with screws or with double sided tape.....
                    can i get that write up

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4
                      can i get that write up
                      here ya go

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...t=38218&page=2

compliments of 3.8 fury :tup:

btw theres actually two write ups in that thread, one for using an aftermarket switch and one that uses a gm fog switch. I'm gonna be doin the 1st once cuz it seems a little easier. Basically its just..

1.buy firehawk fog lights (the link is somewhere in thhe write up)
                      2. buy universal fog light wiring kit
                      3. wire it up!

good luck man

let me know if that link doesnt work and i'll try to explain it in more detail
                      Last edited by tkoforpresident; 01-02-2008, 07:56 AM.

Comment

I bought a light kit from big lots and it came with everything I needed. I screwed lights to above "nostril area" and mounted the switch above where your left knee would be in drivers seat. I got power off the fender block area you were refering to. I took them off when I installed new front clip though. I liked them and thought they shined better than the headlights.
                        Originally posted by kala
                        I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                        parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
                          I bought a light kit from big lots and it came with everything I needed. I screwed lights to above "nostril area" and mounted the switch above where your left knee would be in drivers seat. I got power off the fender block area you were refering to. I took them off when I installed new front clip though. I liked them and thought they shined better than the headlights.

thanx man, maybe i should go check out big lots lol

so you screwed them in the top of the nostril? not the back plastic piece?

And does anybody know if you're allowed to have your fogs and headlights on at the same time? my bro does that on his camaro cuz he has headlight covers.

Comment

the link isnt working

Comment

k lemme see what i can do

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...