• Show
Clear All

Re: 93-97 Firebird Foglights

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...t=38218&page=2

try that

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/T...foglights.html

I'm installing the TA gauge shroud w/ factory switch.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT
        http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/T...foglights.html

I'm installing the TA gauge shroud w/ factory switch.

YEAH THATS THE SECOND INSTALLATION GUIDE USING THE FACTORY SWITCH, LOOKS A LITTLE TO COMPLICATED FOR ME SO I'M GONNA GO WITH THE FIRST CHOICE THAT USES AN AFTERMARKET SWITCH. THOUGH IT LOOKS WAY BETTER WITH THE FACTORY SWITCH.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
          YEAH THATS THE SECOND INSTALLATION GUIDE USING THE FACTORY SWITCH, LOOKS A LITTLE TO COMPLICATED FOR ME SO I'M GONNA GO WITH THE FIRST CHOICE THAT USES AN AFTERMARKET SWITCH. THOUGH IT LOOKS WAY BETTER WITH THE FACTORY SWITCH.
          Post some pics when you are done. I'm interested to see if they look any better than the pics on the first link.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

sure will, however it might be a while til i can get to the install my hands are tied right now with these valve covers....

Comment

If you buy the kit from Hawks Third gen, first link you posted. It will come with black ovals that replace the current ovals that are in the back of the nostrils. The new metal black ovals have mounts on them that the fogs mount to. No need to screw holes. The fog lights won't come with a wiring harness, so you will need one of those if you don't know how to wire them up on your own. But summed up, you will need to run power from the red accessory box, to a relay. The relay has 4 pins. You just used one pin for the (+) positive power (pin 30). Now you'll need to use another for the (-) negative ground (pin 86). The switch goes to another pin (85), and the last pin is to power the fogs (pin 87).

I've never been a fan of the aftermarket switches, and highly recommend a stock switch that is normally located under the headlight switch. It's actually a whole lot easier to use that switch than to hook up an aftermarket switch. With the aftermarket switch, you have to run one wire to it for power, and then run another wire from it out to the relay. With the stock switch, you just plug it into the harness that's already provided there, and run one wire out to the relay. Alot cleaner, and way more simple.

This should help some, just a basic wiring diagram:

Anything else you need help with just let me know.
              <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blindxeyed
                If you buy the kit from Hawks Third gen, first link you posted. It will come with black ovals that replace the current ovals that are in the back of the nostrils. The new metal black ovals have mounts on them that the fogs mount to. No need to screw holes. The fog lights won't come with a wiring harness, so you will need one of those if you don't know how to wire them up on your own. But summed up, you will need to run power from the red accessory box, to a relay. The relay has 4 pins. You just used one pin for the (+) positive power (pin 30). Now you'll need to use another for the (-) negative ground (pin 86). The switch goes to another pin (85), and the last pin is to power the fogs (pin 87).

I've never been a fan of the aftermarket switches, and highly recommend a stock switch that is normally located under the headlight switch. It's actually a whole lot easier to use that switch than to hook up an aftermarket switch. With the aftermarket switch, you have to run one wire to it for power, and then run another wire from it out to the relay. With the stock switch, you just plug it into the harness that's already provided there, and run one wire out to the relay. Alot cleaner, and way more simple.

This should help some, just a basic wiring diagram:

Anything else you need help with just let me know.

:( that looks way more complicated imo....

can't i just buy the hawks fog lights and then buy a universal fog light kit and hook it up that way?

Comment

so you screwed them in the top of the nostril? not the back plastic piece?

And does anybody know if you're allowed to have your fogs and headlights on at the same time? my bro does that on his camaro cuz he has headlight covers.
                  yes thats how the paticular ones I bought mounted in and I had a seperate on/off switch so headlights did not have to be on also.
                  Originally posted by kala
                  I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                  parting her out

Comment

can't i just buy the hawks fog lights and then buy a universal fog light kit and hook it up that way?
                    Yes you can, that diagram is of what a light kit would consist of. That's about as easy as it gets. It's really not as complicated as it looks.
                    <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

If this goes easy for you let me know i may do it :-D

Mods:
                      Slp Dual Cold Air Intake
                      Racing Stripes
                      Flowmaster Exhaust [2.5 Pipes, Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler]
                      Camaro Fill Ins
                      Black Outs
                      Tint

Comment

Originally posted by Blindxeyed
                        Yes you can, that diagram is of what a light kit would consist of. That's about as easy as it gets. It's really not as complicated as it looks.
                        lolz there's like 6 differnet grounds.

Comment

If that's complicated, you shouldn't be doing this mod. Here's the wiring diagram for my dual fog/driving light setup.

Last edited by FirebirdGT; 01-06-2008, 08:16 PM.
                          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

yeah i probably would faint, but since i'm not doing a dual fog/driving setup i don't have to worry about it.

Just seems like a universal fog light wiring kit is a bit easier.

Comment

lolz there's like 6 differnet grounds.
                              grounds are easy. The wiring does not appear all that complicated.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Hey guys, I decided to get on here tonight for a couple of reasons but that's besides the point. I'm the one that posted in 3.8Fury's post on fullthrottlev6. If you have any questions just send me a pm and I will try to remember and check my pms. I'm usually not on here often though, but I will check often if I know someone is waiting on me.

To explain why the lights look crooked, is because that is the only way you can have them on there and use the factory brackets. I tried to tweak them to make the lights be straight, but I didn't have any luck. Don't worry though the light beam works perfectly.

If you go with a universal fog light wiring kit and want to use the factory switch it is possible to do. There are three wires that go to the universal kit's switch and there should be three prongs on the back of the factory switch. Basically you cut off the universal switch after you have found what each of the three wires go to, they should be color coated though (probably red, black and green). Then just connect the correct wire to the correct prong on the factory switch. You will have power to your switch and you won't need to use the factory wiring harness.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X