L67 into 94 Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L67 into 94 Camaro

Any one ever looked into moving the engine forward a few inches to clear the cowl with the intake on the L67, there looks to be plenty of room considering the cars also came with a V8.
    I know a longer drive shaft would be required but it would gain 3 to 4 inches at the rear for clearance. Dan

Re: L67 into 94 Camaro

Type in "M90" in the search box and you will find your answer.
    Last edited by Shodown; 09-09-2010, 02:58 PM.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

moved engine ahead? Nope, made it work in a 4th gen fbody car, yes. in a 3.4l car, no. Worth it, meh
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

No insults intended but I saw photos of a butchered SC housing where the end was cut away and new metal added to bring the throttle body around out of the way but this is not acceptable for me as I prefer to do things properly. Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dansflyer View Post
          No insults intended but I saw photos of a butchered SC housing where the end was cut away and new metal added to bring the throttle body around out of the way but this is not acceptable for me as I prefer to do things properly. Dan
          Than no. Get a junkyard L36/L26 and turbo that bastard!

Comment

It wouldn't be too hard to move the engine forward, ust weld the mounts and install the power steering on the back side of the K instead of the front, use a front wheel drive oil assembly so it points down for oil chnages and get a longer shaft for the steering.PLus move some stuff around , do the A/C hose like mine where it s out of the way and your set with a good foot of clearance to route the pipping could be done esp. if hes been doing it for awhile. Be nice with a 4" hood and a S/C with intercooler up under that bastard, I say go for it.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Just wondering, I thought about maybe if he cuts through the firewall like HighHp did. There's plenty of room once the part of that firewall is opened. Whatever wirings are there it can be moved.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Its going to be difficult.:rolleyes:

Comment

Only problem I can see will be with the oil pan clearing the front crossmember, other then that it should be fairly easy. Dan

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X