Is This A Good Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This A Good Deal?

First of all, hello everyone. This is my first post here, but I've been reading on here for a while now. I just got a 1994 3.4 Camaro, black, and its in really good condition. Anyway, I'm looking for some quick, easy and CHEAP upgrades just to get some extra power until I can save up for the bigger stuff (turbo!!!). I found this thing on ebay, its supposed to be an electric supercharger. Its pretty cheap, and in the comments section there's both good and bad things, but I wanna know if anyone on here has one or knows anything about it? Most of all I'm looking for something to help me be a little bit quicker from a stop and maybe some quicker acceleration. Will this help at all? Thanks for your time and for reading this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...08005736QQrdZ1

Re: Is This A Good Deal?

Anything you see that's an "electric supercharger" or "electric turbo" is pretty much worthless. Imagine putting a blowdryer in your air intake. Look around some of the stickies and such and you'll find some of the basic mods. Intake and exhaust is a good place to start.

Comment

Your best bet is doing mods that will help with the turbo later. Like a cat back exhaust. It's not too expensive, will help with power a little, and if you do get a turbo down the road it will work well with it.

On another note that ebay item is hillarious. It's a picture of a 240sx engine bay and the thing isn't even installed. Someone did a really bad photoshop and just put that "supercharger" on their.

Comment

My uncle works for a marine place and he had one of those laying around his garage so I asked if I could use it. He laughed at me when I told him what for. But anyways I through it on and didn't notice anything. There is hardly any room for that thing. I wouldn't waste your money. Or if you want to try it just go to a marina and buy a bilge blower (electric supercharger). You will also need to buy some different intake adapters and what not. Just go and buy a cai.

Comment

the flaws with that are incredibly numerous...the motor most likely can not spin fast enough. the fan in a joke and with out relocating the open end of the intake tube theres absolutly no point...but...the is potenial in the theory
          acually i'm working on crating the same thing...only well engineered
          not a ****ing blow drier in a pipe

Comment

I have actually seen someone shave almost 2 seconds off there 1/4 mile using an electric leaf blower powered by a power inverter. They had it down to a science.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X