Homemade powedyne Kit build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Homemade powedyne Kit build

Here is another pic of it. Looks like install should be around the corner now. :)

A few more little things to pick up but the main goodies are there.

Last edited by 97rs4life; 08-20-2007, 09:08 PM.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

It looks like you guys are using my drafted design that I did for Usd2sing. For some reason it's going around now...Good, since RKSport will not be making the kit anymore from what I heard.

I'm glad it's working. Keep us updated.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor
        It looks like you guys are using my drafted design that I did for Usd2sing. For some reason it's going around now...Good, since RKSport will not be making the kit anymore from what I heard.

I'm glad it's working. Keep us updated.
        yup, I had him send me a copy of the design, then had a buddy put it into the cad programs. See my first post for the files.

Cost us $85-90 total for the headunit bracket. I didn't think that was bad at all

Comment

Good luck, I had the same problem with needing to remove some material to get the blower to fit. I can't remember the size of the bolts to attach the blower to the bracket but the threadded rod was 10mm. I also had a problem with 2 of the holes not lining up just right. If you have the same problem I have a plexiglass template I made to get that right that I can send you. To get the bolt sizes just take the blower into a hardware store and start testing out bolts untill you get the right size (that's what I did anyway). For the tensioner you want to get a caridge bolt. You will use the flat part of the caridge bolt to slide up and down in the slot. I'll try to get you the pulley size and the ID of the pulley you will need along with the caridge bolt size. I believe there is a spacer that is used to put the pulley out off the tensioner bracket as well but I'll have to check on the size of that for you. Let me know what else you need and I'll try to get it for you. I might be going to get some more bolts for the main bracket today anyway since my kit didn't have 2 of them so I'll let you know the size when I get them. And yeah Thor, your pattern gets around. I have a copy too.

On a side note my rebuild kit and upgraded impeller shaft will be arriving soon so I will be putting the blower back together soon. I'm also trying to barter with supercharger rebuild to trade my impeller shaft for the venting of my case (I figure I can at least get the price down). All I would have left to do is buy the upgraded impeller from 928 later on down the road and install it with a smaller pulley. I still gotta get HPT and some 42# injectors before that though.

*EDIT*
          Woot! I just got info back from supercharger rebuilds and he said he would take half off the venting for sending in my impeller shaft. So I'll be cruising around with everything except the impeller for the superpowerdyne but that's easy to add later on. Expect to see a lot out of my powerdyne next year... if it doesn't break again.
          Last edited by T-Punk; 08-21-2007, 11:34 AM.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Little update...

ordered up some silicone couplers and elbow off of ebay so they should be here in a couple days. Still gotta figure out how to attach the flex tubing to the MTI clear lid. It doesn't quite slip over it as the tubing is 3.5" and the lid is just shy of 4"

Comment

wow im really happy this thread got made. i plan on doing a similar project with a powerdyne supercharger down the road, just dont have the $$$ yet...seems to be an epidemic on this site haha. a write up of this would be awesome. good luck with the project

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

What is the thickness of the head unit bracket?
                Also,
                Could you make a quick dimensioned hand sketch of the tensioner bracket.
                And maybe a quick schematic of how it goes together?
                I would like the have a set of files in case I decide to make one some day.
                1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro
                  What is the thickness of the head unit bracket?
                  Also,
                  Could you make a quick dimensioned hand sketch of the tensioner bracket.
                  And maybe a quick schematic of how it goes together?
                  I would like the have a set of files in case I decide to make one some day.
                  headunit is 5/16 thick, and made of aluminum.

I have tensioner designs on paper that I will have to scan.

Comment

update...

well we pulled the cover off the rear end that we got off of ls1tech.com from a guy on the other side of MI and were extremely disappointed. We bought what we were told was a 3.42/lsd rear with 10k miles on it, but we checked it all out and it has 3.23 gears/lsd and looks to be more than 10k judging from the metal shavings on the magnet in the cover.

So yea, anyone have some 3.73s to sell? We are pretty pissed off that we were screwed like that. Some people can be pretty gay, and to do it to other fellow fbody owners makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                      update...

well we pulled the cover off the rear end that we got off of ls1tech.com from a guy on the other side of MI and were extremely disappointed. We bought what we were told was a 3.42/lsd rear with 10k miles on it, but we checked it all out and it has 3.23 gears/lsd and looks to be more than 10k judging from the metal shavings on the magnet in the cover.

So yea, anyone have some 3.73s to sell? We are pretty pissed off that we were screwed like that. Some people can be pretty gay, and to do it to other fellow fbody owners makes no sense
                      Here is one for sale on the forum...you might like, looks brand new when on ebay sell.
                      http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=83445
                      1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
                      - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Originally posted by RyanAndyBob
                        Here is one for sale on the forum...you might like, looks brand new when on ebay sell.
                        http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=83445
                        read that thread again...I seen it before I posted, all items are sold.

Comment

my bad, just saw the thread, didnt bother reading because I don't have the money for it. Good Luck!
                          1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
                          - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                            read that thread again...I seen it before I posted, all items are sold.
                            I have a set of 3.73s. They are used, I took them out becuase they whined a little bit.

PM me if interested.
                            Last edited by AZ3.8Camaro; 09-10-2007, 07:19 PM.
                            1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                            1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Alright, a little update.

We ran into a snag with the silicone coupler from ebay, the stupid guy sent me a blue elbow when I specifically said I needed a red one. Makes me angry and he had us send it back and he is suppose to send a red one out now tomorrow.

Ordered up some Motive 3.73 gears and install kit for the rear end since it was discovered to have the 3.23s instead of the 3.42s. So now we are taking this time to upgrade to the higher gear. Gears and install kit we got through www.gvperformance.com of course. One of my suppliers carries them so that helped. :)

So gears and install kit are taking care of, gear install will be later this week when we get a bay open in the shop.

We are trying to get the rear end and supercharger done for a local car show at the college in town on September 29. Wish us luck, we have been too busy lately and hope to wrap this up if we don't run into any more snags

Comment

that intake tubing sure looks familiar!
                                Dave:
                                00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                  1 week ago
                                • RPDRed6
                                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                  by RPDRed6
                                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  No start problem
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • SixShooter'00Camaro
                                  Revival
                                  by SixShooter'00Camaro
                                  Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X