Power window problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power window problem

Okay, I know it's not the motor- when it works, it works just like it did the day I put it in. So, every once in a while, the window will either stay down or up. Then, sometime later, it will start working again. I'm thinking it's either the switch or the relay. Anybody have the same problem? I do hear what sounds like the relay activating and the motor getting power, but I haven't had time to throw a multimeter on the leads to see what the voltage is.
    2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

How do you know it isn't the motor? It could be a loose connection, but what you are describing really sounds like the overheating issue that is associated with the motor.

Comment

Because the window will stop working for days/weeks at a time. Other times, it will start working again just hours later. And the motor moves the window the same as it did when I first put it in. The only thing throwing me off is the relay clicking and the power drain when I use the switch. I'm almost positive that the connection between the motor and the wires is good, as well
      2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

thats what happened to my window. It would work fine for a little while and then itll take a crap on me for a longer while. I went to autoparts and bought a new window motor and replaced it my self. Works fine.

Comment

I'm so stupid. I bought a new motor just to rule it out, and it looks like I'll be replacing it for a second time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X