T-Top Rattling, whats up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Top Rattling, whats up?

I am not sure exactly whats wrong with my car, but ever since I have owned it the T-tops have rattled driving up and down any road with the slightest bumps. I have a feeling they aren't locking well or something but I have tried adjusting them numerous times. Noise seems to come where the locking pins go into roof of vehicle. Is there a quick fix for this?

I did a search and people said doing some aftermarket suspension work will make a lot of the rattling go away in our f-bodies. If you have a t-top, and have done some of these suspension changes, what has been the result? I want a stiff suspesion, with a quieter ride.
    Chris Reedy<br />1999 Camaro Black w/ Silver Stripes, M5. ATI Procharger w/ Intercooler<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/killingtime\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain Site</a>

welcome to the world of the camaro

im about to sell my camaro and buy an explorer

96 explorer sport
    77,000 miles
    dark green - awesome condition
    1994 3.4L Dark Green Camaro - Tan Cloth Interior<br />Mods - Flowmaster, High Flow Cat, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Premium Sound system (2 subs custom box, New 99 Z28 style Rims/Tires, New Clutch<br /> More to come!

Comment

These suspension pieces you are talking about are the Subframe Connectors and Shock Tower brace. I have both on my car, but unfortunately, I don't have T-tops. Read the "suspension" forum for more info on these.
      [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X