CHECK LIST FOR 55K MILES CAR !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHECK LIST FOR 55K MILES CAR !!!!!

I was wondering what are the things I need to keep an eye on now that my car has 55k miles?
    Amy recommendation on things I should fix/replace/do before they go bad?
    Thanks for any help.

[ February 07, 2006, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Georghino ]
    2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

STOP USING CAPS IN YOUR SUBJECT LINES!

To know what to suggest, you need to list what you've changed out already and when you did it.
    \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

hmm... at 55k I replaced the
      clutch
      flywheel
      cluthc master
      clutch slave
      driveshaft
      rear end
      transmission

oh yeah...

check brakes, rotors, how long since plugs/wires, fuel filter for fun, PCV valve.
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

hmm... at 55k I replaced the
        clutch
        flywheel
        cluthc master
        clutch slave
        driveshaft
        rear end
        transmission

oh yeah...

check brakes, rotors, how long since plugs/wires, fuel filter for fun, PCV valve.
        -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by terminaldegree:

To know what to suggest, you need to list what you've changed out already and when you did it.
          Does it make you feel big and in control when you try and tell someone what to do? I mean who really cares, he could just be trying to express excitment.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyZ72:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by terminaldegree:

Does it make you feel big and in control when you try and tell someone what to do? I mean who really cares, he could just be trying to express excitment. </font>[/QUOTE]yea, he looked REALLY excited with his post... give me a break.

and shenanigans, i really hope all of that stuff went bad on your car, or you totally wasted your money, the clutch will last 125,000 miles, and everything else should last the life of the car

Comment

Originally posted by victimizati0n:

and shenanigans, i really hope all of that stuff went bad on your car, or you totally wasted your money, the clutch will last 125,000 miles, and everything else should last the life of the car [/QB]
              Looks like his car is a 2002, if that was my car and all that went wrong i would be crying, for real. But on the up side looks like it would be under warranty..lol.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

haha... nah he races.
                Mystic Teal Metallic
                ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Originally posted by teal99camaro:
                  haha... nah he races.
                  then that explains it for the most part.

im surprised everything lasted that long if he races it.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by victimizati0n:

and shenanigans, i really hope all of that stuff went bad on your car, or you totally wasted your money, the clutch will last 125,000 miles, and everything else should last the life of the car
                    I doubt I will every get 125k out of a transmission yet alone a clutch.

and yeah I have been known to take a car down or around a track every now and then.

Comment

jus do what i do, as soon as it hits 100k trade it in for another camaro

Comment

Man, this post was a waste of time. Nothing but a bunch of .......

Thanks to everyone else who tried to help.

"chris the great", I'm definetely doing that. As much as I love my bird, we all know that these cars are not reliable at all. I knew that when I bought it, still I couldn't resist the looks of it.

Thank you.
                        2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

Comment

If they aren't reliable then why are so many breaking 200k miles?

Any car is going require service. Things like plugs, wires, brake pads, rotors, fuel filter, air filter, fluids, shocks, clutch, etc... wear out there is nothing you can do about it. I dont consider replacing these things a reason to sell a car. Now if a transmission or an engine dies on you thats something else.

Just keep doing regular tune ups and if you want follow the guide in the back of your owners manual. No one is going to get on here and tell you your water pump is going to die at 98,546 miles. If that is the kind of information you are looking for.

Comment

I agree with Hokie. One of the major reasons I bought this car was because of it's potential for reliability. It has so much of the best that GM offers:
                            - Chassis built strong for V8
                            - Suspension built for V8
                            - Conventional Rear wheel drive (no weak front wheel drive line and suspension)
                            - Best Engine GM has ever made, (Ranked among the 10 best ever in the world, betcha that starts an argument!)
                            - The A4 could be better, but nothing I can't handle.

Ultimatly, you must equip the car to handle your specific mission. If you use your car like 96% of all people, it will be reliable in stock form. At the other extreme, if your mission is to flog it on a race track, a stock equipped car will be considerably less reliable. And if you modify one aspect of the car and disregard the implications the mod has on associated components, again you compromise reliability.

Shenanigans, I think yours is a very good question. Although my car at present is not subject to the same usage as yours, if it was I would also like to know what maintenance headaches to expect and how to avoid them. This is what I like about this forum, if you don't know, ask. I'm sure that there are others here on this forum that have a simularly equipped car and use it as you do.

PS. From reading some of your previous post it seems to me you could use some heavier drive line components!
                            Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Adding to what Hokiebird and CDN said: Trading or not traiding your car depends on how much you appreciate 4th Gen. Firebirds, specially 98-02 body style. Also depends on how good shape it is. 98-02 Firebird is the only car with a unique and real look bird. I love this ones. Also Firebird is a classic american Icon. A very good shape body is another reason to keep your classic. That's the main reason I would not trade my 99 camaro. It has a mirror-look like paint+ spoilders. Georgino, if this is not important to you trade you bird for a camaro or another car
                              Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X