MISCELANEOUS QUESTIONS !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MISCELANEOUS QUESTIONS !!!!

1. The rear defrost in my car doesn't work. I saw someone in here mentioning a fuse. Where do I find this fuse? Could it be something else?

2. The gas gauge seems to be crazy. Sometimes I put only 15 bucks of gas and the needle shows a full tank. Is there a gas sensor that might be bad? do i need to clean the injectors?

3. Coming soon .....

Thanks for any help.
    2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

1) i know the rear defroster shuts off after like 15 seconds so you have to keep pressing the button.(did you know that already)......but i would think the fuse would be in the fuse box. look in your owners manual or a chiltons and it should tell you what fuse it is.

2) i think all f-bodies have this problem. mine does the same exact thing. i could put in 10 bux(which is only 4 gallons) and it will show more than a half of tank on the guage.

Comment

LOL the rear defrost is not supposed to shut off after 15 seconds. That's one of the problem symptoms. It's supposed to stay on for several minutes. There's a 30amp breaker in the fuse panel on the driver's side of the dash. There is an access panel when you open the driver's door. Replace the 30amp breaker with a 30amp standard blade fuse.

The reason the gauge seems off is because of the shape of the tank. It's kinda like an upside-down triangle. The bottom holds less gas than the top.
      1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X