76 high performance,any opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76 high performance,any opinions?

i was thinking to put 76 high performance dino oil in my 92 v6 firebird,112500 miles on it.
    any thoughts about it? im thinking to use 10w30.
    would it be thicker than some other 10w30 because its like racing oil,or something? i dont have turbo in my pontiac,or any other modifications.im thinking that is it ok to use it normal sport car like firebird,or would it be more better for racing cars or racing use only?
    my two choices are gm oil,or 76 oil.any suggestions?? thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

racing oil would normally have a higher viscosity to handly the high temps and revs of lets say a Indy car. if its still a 10w -30 u should be fine, but i duno if its worth it depending on the cost. all sae and apd ithink aproved oils will have additives to help the engine run good and detergents to help clean it. the regular stuff would be fine.
    -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

but no harm if i use it in street car like my firebird? and its 100% dino oil,all three grades,10w30,10w40 and 20w50?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
        by ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
        1 week ago
      • RPDRed6
        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
        by RPDRed6
        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
        3 weeks ago
      • ssms5411
        No start problem
        by ssms5411
        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X