No announcement yet.

ran out of fuel !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both sorry and surprised to hear that your pump melted down. I always run my fuel to empty (but not enough to stall) and have not any problems such as yours.

I didn't know that GM exported Firebirds over the pond. Just how did you get your hands on a Firebird in Merry ol England.
    Is it configured as a R/H drive?
    Have any pics? Something around a major landmark like Big Ben or something would look cool.

DZ
    Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

U pay 8$ a gallon holy ****. And ive ran out of gas with my car before right after i got it. Cuz it turns out my car runs out of gas right before the gauge gets to empty. The funny thing is i was 40 feet from the pump when i ran out of gas.

Comment

I ran out of gas once (when i was a teenager) I remember thoes days "Hmm i have 3$... Ill take this pack of cigeretts and 73 cents in gas." lol just get a 1/2 a sack of dope next time and you wont run out of gass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bell:
          Wow, $8/gal! Do people do much driving there? Most of us over here could not afford to drive if fuel was that expensive
          i paid $5.45 a gallon here in the us [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: ran out of fuel !

today i almost ran out of gas , made it to the gas station in time and filled the tank but it stall alittle , had to crank it like 3 time . but raN OK, going to make the 1/4 tank mark my empty mark, to make sure it does't happen again.

Comment

dont run outta gas, thats like dont drink and drive, I always keep it over the half mark
              only thing certain is death,<br />when I squeeze ten, i\'ma watch all of em jerk in ya chest<br />they wanna talk about peace<br />i\'ma piss in the dirt, <br />spit in the flowers, <br />**** if he rests

Comment

I keep it above 1/2 a tank usually, and no lower than 1/4 of a tank. I don't like to "risk it" by having my fuel pump die and having my fuel injectors clogged... in any of my vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by this is america bytch
                  dont run outta gas, thats like dont drink and drive, I always keep it over the half mark
                  Yea thats how I like my tank, thats my empty spot.

Comment

I work with aviation fuel at a commercial/private airport. We do tests for water and particle contamination on a daily basis on our tanker trucks and at the fuel farm. Everyday we find small metallic and other particles in our Jet fuel and 100 low lead octane fuel at the low points and even after the filters on our tanks. I know for a fact that the vast majority of automobile fueling stations don't test nearly as often as we do. So, I don't run my tank dry on my car simply because I can only imagine the incredible amount of particle contamination in automobile fuel that you put in your tank everyday and would get sucked up by the fuel pump everytime the tank ran low.
                    And, aren't most cars diesel in Europe due to the high costs of gasoline? I know that they've even started converting Cessnas from piston engines to diesel engines (jet fuel) in a lot of places in Europe.
                    Last edited by Mike88; 07-22-2006, 09:21 AM.

Comment

President of Ford announced this week that Ford would be
                      buying Diesel engines from Peugot. Look forward to state of the art Diesel engines in future Fords. Audi won the LeMans race this summer with a 1000hp turbo Diesel race car.
                      Diesel fuel can be made from McDonalds used greese, hemp seeds, etc. We can have the size cars we want, get 30% better fuel economy with Diesel.
                      Now in Europe about half cars sold are Diesel. Diesel is now 1 euro per liter.
                      Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                        I ran out of gas once (when i was a teenager) I remember thoes days "Hmm i have 3$... Ill take this pack of cigeretts and 73 cents in gas." lol just get a 1/2 a sack of dope next time and you wont run out of gass.

amen brother. lol
                        \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

my friends bro with a heavily modified lt1 ran out of gas going from the barn to the house a couple of days ago, long story short he fried his fuel pump, so yes. it is a possibility to do that, i still cant believe he did that

Comment

Originally posted by bah
                            my friends bro with a heavily modified lt1 ran out of gas going from the barn to the house a couple of days ago, long story short he fried his fuel pump, so yes. it is a possibility to do that, i still cant believe he did that
                            of course, thats natural, the gas cools the pump
                            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X