Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Removing Belt Tensioner

Hey Guys, and Girls,

I am soon replacing my belt tensioner on my 01 firebird. The part will be arriving in a few hours and I want to make sure I do it right. Any how to's , do's and dont's will be greatly appreciated. I searched and didnt find much on removal and installation.

Thanks

You're replacing the whole tensioner assembly? It's king of a pain in the ***. You're gonna need some new coolant and one of the heater pipes, because the old one will probably break.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Yup the whole thing, the part with the spring is bouncing all over the place causing a sqeak and an occasional slip. I ordered it from the dealer ship and the person told me to order these little elbow tubes because they would most likely break. Are we talking about the same heater pipes?

Comment

Yep, same thing. They break easily if they've been there for a while or if you're not real careful.

When you try to take it out, you'll have to really work it to get it free from that tube.
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Will I need more than a socket set and a screwdriver? Of course I call the dealership for the part and it hasn't arrived yet. So lame, I keep getting a different answer each time, "tomorrow" oh 3 more days, etc....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X