T-Top Squeak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Top Squeak

My passenger side t-top squeaks, all the time, no matter what speed. I tightened all the bolts, banged on it, yelled at it, everything I could think of. Any ideas on what I could do to tighten up the problem area?

I searched and all I came up with was leaking t-tops.

Thanks
    1999 Firebird

SubFrame connectors!
    They will get rid of most squeaks/rattles.
    sigpic

Comment

My drivers side does that sll the time now that its cold out.
      <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

I'm going to try and explain this the best I can. If you take off the cover on the 'A' pilar where the T-Top attaches (also on the sail panel) you'll see the hole where the T-Top attaches with it's rod. The hole should have (on front and back) a little plastic gromet that sticks in there ... mine squeaked (metal on metal) until I got replacements 'cause one was MIA. Just food for thought.
        \'97 Firebird 3.8 ... 1/4 mile = 12.50 (minutes)

Comment

My passenger side t-top makes a tapping/ticking sound only over bumps. It's gotten worse and it's really annoying. I don't know if it's the same noise that's being talked about here or not. The only thing that helps is wrapping the pins that stick into the car with electrical tape. I have also read on ls1tech.com that the rivets inside the t-top on the linkages get loose and make the noise, which may be my problem. The only fix is to take the plastic cover off of the t-top and cram it with foam. I have been dealing with this for a year and all of these fixes seem temporary at best.
          1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

Everything was fine when I took the plastic off the a-pillar, so I put tape around the pins like silver 99 camaro said. I just took a quick spin around the block but it looks like that might have done the trick.

Thanks again guys, that thing was really getting annoying.
            1999 Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X