coolant temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant temp

i pretty much have been noticing that my coolant temp is right at temps of about 160-170F but as the temperature rises it is way off.. when the car is running at 220F my gauge is saying 190F

Re: coolant temp

Where are you measuring the temperature (220F) from? What are you using to take the reading?

Comment

Im using an aerforce gauge. I think I have the opposite of your problem. My aeroforce will say 210 and my gauge in the dash still look to be below 200

Comment

i think it all depends on where you are measuring temp, and where the sensor is measuring temp, also... That could be a pretty big variation, maybe not that big though, not sure.
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Stock gauge is always wrong , I have a Areoforce gauge too, also stock fans are set for 220 to kick on low and 230 for high. I have noticed in the 100 degree temps with a 3 core 2" thick ALM. radiator, 160 drilled thermo, 80/20 water/antifrezze and manual fan switch my car will heat up to 215 sometimes when getting on it alot, just normal when hot out. If it isn't that hot out I would be worried.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
            Im using an aerforce gauge. I think I have the opposite of your problem. My aeroforce will say 210 and my gauge in the dash still look to be below 200
            no, this is what mine is doing, sorry my post was a bit confusing

i am getting the reading from the OBDII port

i know that 99+ cars have "dummy" temp gauges, bu mine is a 98 and should have a properly working one

in traffic yesterday my car was running at about 220F but my gauge was only saying 190F (or a little above the line between 160 and 210)

this kind of concerns me because i have been in traffic before to where my gauge was saying almost 210, and i really have no idea how hot it was actually getting.. im assuming i did not overheat because i didnt get the check gage light, but its still a bit scary not knowing what it is at

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X