I think I'm running lean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm running lean

OK, When my car idles in my garage in the morning (or any other time for that matter), I get a fuel/rotten egg smell, and can sometimes smell it at a stoplight if the wind is just right. I pulled a couple of plugs, and they're a little bit white. From what I understand, this is indicating that I'm running lean. Other than the CAI kit and exhaust, I haven't done anything to the car. My question is:What could be causing this lean condition, and what can I do to fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. BTW: the fuel pump is fine, and I change the fuel filter on a regular basis.
    1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sped214:
    I get a fuel/rotten egg smell, and can sometimes smell it at a stoplight if the wind is just right. <hr></blockquote>

That smell is not an indication of running lean. That's the smell of raw fuel being expelled through the exhaust. On initial startup, the cars computer is set to run extra rich until the IAT can send a signal to the computer to indicate the outside air temperature. Maximizing engine performance. Everytime I start up my car, my Air/Fuel gauge is pretty much on the rich side for at least 10-15 minutes before it averages out. This is nothing to worry about, unless you're blowing black smoke. Not really anything you can do about it unless you get the computer reflashed, or Power Program it, which in this case would be a waste of time. You really don't have a problem. (I'm sure you're glad to hear that)

;)
    Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD....you wanna hit it, but you\'re affraid of the consequences...<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=244935\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=244935</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X