Need Help with a starter for 94 Camaro V6 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help with a starter for 94 Camaro V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with a starter for 94 Camaro V6

Alright so im changing my starter and ive disconnected it all and now i cant drop the starter out because of the exhaust pipe in the way. Im guessing that i need to disconnect the exhause too but where do i disconnect it from? if i disconnect the pipe from the cat would i be able to get it out? Someone please help. Thanks.

Someone please help. This is my only car.

Comment

When I did mine I unbolted from the top where the headers collect to a single pipe and I'm pretty sure that did the deal if I remember right. Then I had to pry underneath to move it all to make the room. Hope that helps.

Comment

If it is Stock exhaust then there is no reason you should have to remove any exhaust parts what soever "that i can think of off the top of my head". I do not beleive in the 15 years I have been turning wrenches that I have found a camaro with stock exhaust having to pull exhaust down "unless it is custom and in some casses with headers" . Let me know what you got going on and I'll see if I can't help.... PS is it 3.4 or 3.8????
        ~BLUEICE~

Comment

Yeah, I thought that too. I did an extensive search through here when I did mine (1995 3.4L stock exhaust) and everyone said it just comes right out no problem. I got underthere and unbolted the starter and tried every which way I could to slide it out and got a few other people under there to try but could not do it without having to unbolt the exhaust. Every way we tried it just wouldn't quite fit. I wound up unbolting the exhaust from the top where the headers on each side narrow down to a single pipe and pulled on it from beneath to make enough room to pull out the starter. That was my experience with it. It wasn't too big a deal, it was 2 bolts on each side at the flange.

Comment

Originally posted by WNRacingICE:
            PS is it 3.4 or 3.8????
            94= 3.4L

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Yes the starter for a 94' is a PITA.

You have to get it loose, then rotate it ans twist while pulling it out.

BUT IT CAN BE DONE!!!

I've done it 3 times now.

Comment

you have to unbolt the pipe under the starter in order to remove it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X