Vibrating door locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibrating door locks

Okay this is starting to drive me nuts. I have manual door locks and with any kind of bass they both vibrate like crazy. The pass side lock is bad enough that its noisy when just driving around, forcing me to lock it to silence it. The drivers side is still noisy unless I happen to have my arm against it. So is there any way I can fix them? Or something I can jam between the lock and door to keep it quiet?
    01 V6 Firebird, Flowmaster catback, Navmate gps, B&M Ripper.

I had the same problem. I have auto locks, but it should be the same. nobody knows how to fix it. So what I ended up doing was taking the plastic piece off. unlock the door, pull up and toward the front of the car. its sort of hooked on there so you have to pull up to get it unhooked and to the front to pull it out.
    Then I had some velcro laying around. I put the softer of the 2 velcro pieces on the back side of the plastic locking piece. Then put it back together as tight as I could.
    When you take it off you'll notice that GM put some sort of velvet or something on there in the first place. but the velcro is thicker, which does make it harder to move. but it will wear down.

Anyway, thats what I did. I wont guarentee that it'll work, but I had the same exact problem and thats what fixed mine.

Comment

I have the same problem so I am going to try that too. Man, the squeaks, rattles, and other wierd noises on these cars are never ending!!
      1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X