No announcement yet.

d.i.y.s. fan switch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow... i think that was the most confusing post i've EVER read [img]smile.gif[/img] but i think from what your saying, you have a problem with the switch or your not hooking the switch up right... i dunno...

This is the alternative way from the relay in the engine bay right?

When you originally hooked it up from tapping the wire behind the pcm, did you use a resistor before the switch?
    ===========================<br />1995 Green Firebird 3.4L V6<br />160 degree thermostat<br />4 - American Eagle 077 Polished 17\" wheels<br />4 - Kumho 711 245/45/17 tires<br />Pioneer DEH-7300 Deck<br />Pioneer GM-X564 480 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier<br />4 - Pioneer TS-A1795 6.5\" speakers<br />2 - Pioneer TS-W3041DVC<br />12\" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofers in custom box<br />============================

Comment

haha i know, even after i read it. it went like green wire (pcm), tapped red wire, switch, LED, resistor, black wire, ground. in that path
      <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

What kind of switch is it? Does it only have two terminals on it? Or are there more? My switch had a built in LED with a ground wire. If I hooked it up improperly, the fans would always be on, and the LED was on. As far as your sequence of parts, that is what I have.

From the splice in teh green wire, I ran wire to one terminal on the switch. Then I ran a wire from the other terminal to a ground. When I close the switch, the circuit is made, and the fans come on.

Comment

my switch is like the one they used (center-off toggle switch) it can go left or right. maybe thats it.
          <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X