Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to winter in an F-body

The result of the fight between a Camaro vs. a concret barrier

I found the one piece of ice left on the highway. I was just getting off the onramp, accelerated and lost the rearend and coulnd't save it.

Looks to be MOSTLY cosmetic, however I can't get the hood open to find out for sure. I think there may be a small amount of damage to the radiator but driving it back home it never overheated (Higher temp than normal about 210 when I normally never get higher than 190ish)

Question are as follow:
    Anyone ever have damage like that? How much to fix?
    Average price for an aftermarket hood?
    Good sites to look at for hoods and frontends?
    Also where can I get good headlights?

Thats all I can think of right now... BTW I'm fine (I think) My neck hurts like a S.O.B and my arm hurts but nothing major.
    \'96 A4 Camaro 3800<br />Nothing but... <br />Flowmaster 40 series

omg dude im sorry, i feel for ya. i did a 180 the other night on a road, scared me ****less, luckily i didn't hit anything.
    As for your question, its probably gonna be about a grand or more to fix that, hoods are like 400-500, then the bumper, and paint.
    Sry dude, i know how you feel.
    One pointer, put sandbags in your trunk, it will give you more weight on the rear wheels, thus more traction.
    Peace
    1996 Pontiac Firebird<br />Flowmaster Exhaust, Custom Cold Air Intake, 3.42 gears with LSD

Comment

I need new tires. I wasn't going to take the car today if the roads were bad but they were dry as the desert. I just happened to find the one wet/icy spot.

And I did have some weight in the back, I got my brakes down yesterday and I had the 2 drums we didn't need back there.

Comment

You can add another victim.... just got my estimate done by insurance company $7000 (CDN) in repairs ....

Poor Car

-----
        97 Camaro 3.8

Comment

Oh dear.
          Barrier 1, Camaro nil.

A sad sight indeed. Hope you get it sorted soon.
          96 Teal Firebird<br />Colchester, Essex, UK<br /><a href=\"http://www.centrestage.free-online.co.uk\" target=\"_blank\">www.centrestage.free-online.co.uk</a>

Comment

Damn dude, a quasar blue bites the dust. i hit some black ice today gettin off an exit ramp, shat my pants a little, but i had control of it for the most part.

Good luck with that

Comment

Hopefully the body shop is open today so I can start getting it taken care of. I don't have full coverage so I'm going to have to pay it all out of pocket.

Comment

look for a frontclip on ebay or do the 98-02 conversion [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Mystic Teal Metallic
                ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

A quick update....
                  The bodyshop I'm going to take it to was closed today. But I noticed some things while looking at it (so did the shop guy from work)

-Drivers side fender is bend in badly (Easyer and probably cheaper to get a new one then fix)

-Frame is bent... pushed the radiator back...knocked the inlet hose off the airbox (duct taped it together so i can drive it to the shop monday)

Good news is we can get aftermarket replacement parts for it at my work. But the body shop might get better prices.

Cover - $70
                  Absorber - $90
                  Hood - $300 ($850 for SS)
                  Headlight support - $88
                  Core Support - $230 (Hopefully it survived)
                  Fender - $104
                  Impact bar - $54

Well, I'm not going to worry about it until monday when the professionals can tell me the price.

BTW... I don't have full coverage so I'm stuck with the bill. And I don't have full coverage because its too expensive.

[ November 26, 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: ThatsMeGC ]

Comment

Originally posted by ThatsMeGC:
                    -Frame is bent... pushed the radiator back...knocked the inlet hose off the airbox (duct taped it together so i can drive it to the shop monday)

Good news is we can get aftermarket replacement parts for it at my work. But the body shop might get better prices.
                    Hate to tell you, but if the frame is bent, you're screw'd! It will cost a small fortune to have it re-aligned.
                    I wish you all the best luck to find a bodyshop where they won't rip you too bad. If the frame is bent though, then I'd suggest finding a deal on another f-bod and keep this for parts...that is, if you still want another f-bod.
                    Good luck bro!
                    sigpic

Comment

The place I'm taking it is a relative on the shop guy at my work. When he noticed it was bent he didn't act like it was a big deal. It's pushed about an inch back behind the headlight support on the drivers side.

We shall see monday.

Comment

Oh, I thought you meant the subframe got bent...nevermind.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nope, I should have clarified it sorry. Ya that would have sucked. If that happened you would see the car listed in the for sale section as parts. haha

Comment

damnit WHY did i have to blow up my winter car!? lol [img]smile.gif[/img]
                            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

ouch that looks like mine only i was only going 25.......

and i hit the front and spun then hit the back too!!!!
                              www.turbov6camaro.com
                              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X