R134a leaking from Comp-clutch. Anything I can do? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R134a leaking from Comp-clutch. Anything I can do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R134a leaking from Comp-clutch. Anything I can do?

My car has been 1 step forward and 2 steps back. The more I fix it the more it fails. My Evaporator Core had a leak so I replaced it. Now that everything is patched up there is a big leak coming from the compressor clutch. Is there any way to fix this or am I just screwed and have to buy a new compressor? The pressure on both the low and high side are fine (35/140) yet I can see the UV dye coming out the clutch face and flinging it all over the engine bay :(.

Re: R134a leaking from Comp-clutch. Anything I can do?

you can fix it, but IIRC its almost just as costly to replace the whole compressor as it is the clutch.

edit* you may be able to buy a seal kit and install it.. but it probably wont help if it is wore down

Comment

i got my compressor off ebay right before last summer for cheap like a a hundred sumthin heres a new one for $150.(i bought my accumulator from this guy) i wouldn't advice gettin a used one though i first got it to save like $30 put it in and it was no good the same guy has a rebuilt one for $119.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-A...s#ht_500wt_751

Comment

Ok thanks guys. I don't want to buy something like this used. Looks like I can get a refurb one for around $180. I'm just going to wait till after the holidays to replace it.

Comment

If your the oringinal owner and had it replaced under warranty you should have a lifetime GM Good wrench lifetime warranty on it, mines been replaced like 4-5 times in 14 years for free parts/labor. Along with 5 altenators, 3 water pumps,2 starters, its nice when they have to do $300 jobs for free. If left stock they also will do injectors, shocks, and a few more items.But I would just swap in the reman. one and use the fill up cans that have stop leak and 2oz. of oil in each can. If it is warm enough where you live you might not have to evac. the system. I know when I did mine it was like 105 out with 15% humidity so it worked great. Usedd the refill setup at Napa.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 11-28-2009, 07:42 PM.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by whiteMaro View Post
            Ok thanks guys. I don't want to buy something like this used. Looks like I can get a refurb one for around $180. I'm just going to wait till after the holidays to replace it.
            i would buy a refueb one, i bought one off of a member here because my old compressor was leaking at the clutch just like yours and this one is also leaking at the same place.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X