Automatic Transmission Fluid Change + Steering Fluid Change - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automatic Transmission Fluid Change + Steering Fluid Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Transmission Fluid Change + Steering Fluid Change

Hey everyone,
    I was just curious when do you usually change your automatic transmission oil and also the steering fluid? It's been about 30k miles since I've changed the ATF but I've never changed the steering fluid. My car has about 55k miles on it now.

I never have changed the steering fluid in 30 years of driving gm automobiles or even a power steering pump. I change the tranny fluid and filter every 45,000.
    95 convertible 3.8 series II

Comment

I change my tranny fluid every 20,000 miles. I have never changed my power steering fluid or brake fluid. Everything else on my car has beeen changed.
      New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

i believe the suggested interval is 30,000 miles for both.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X