water leak on pass. side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water leak on pass. side?

This has been going on for a while now. Each time that it significantly rains, and my car is at somewhat of an incline (driveway or some parking lots) I notice that I get a leak from the passanger side footwell. I have kinda checked it out, and it's coming from the "kick plate" just under the glove compartment. It puddles up in the kickplate until if over flows and comes out the side and down the tranny tunnel. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?
    I'm just tired of taking a towel and hair drier to the carpet everytime it rains hard. It's also embarrasing [img]redface.gif[/img]
    Thanx,
    Royce
    GM 3800 PowerPak guinea pig<p>\"what cam, that\'s just a nasty mis-fire...\"

ttt

Comment

Have you done any stereo work lately? I had a similar problem where water would come in through the firewall grommet. The grommet had a little tear in it from passing the wires through. I put a few pieces of duct tape over it to divert the water. No problems since.

Comment

Yeah, check that grommet out. Get some silicoln sealant and cake that thing in it. That should do it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

I had a major leak in my 99 on the driver's side which flooded the car every time I drove in the rain. Turned out to be missing body sealant around the A pillar and firewall. I think the same careless assembler at the factory got you too. My dealer had the car for three weeks and eventually had to get a body shop to pressurize the car to find the leak and repair it.
          180 Thermo, K&N Filter, Transgo stage 2, Pacesetters, Magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Catback, 3.42 LSD, Hotchkis LCA/Panhard, Bilstein, Eibach Pro, 1LE bars, SP crossdrilled/slotted rotors.<br /><br />Vortech Project 1.0 failed.<br />Vortech Project 2.0 in the works

Comment

I haven't don't any stereo work, I've got the bose system and I love it. I doubt it's the a-pilar sealer, but I'll check it out. THanx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago
            • SixShooter'00Camaro
              Revival
              by SixShooter'00Camaro
              Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X