2,000 TO SPEND BEST BANG FOR BUCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2,000 TO SPEND BEST BANG FOR BUCK

well i have 2,000 to spend on my car since i wont be able to buy a new car, i have thought of starting a turbo,apperance, but the only thing that my wife would really wanna hear is engine work since the car is at 98,000 miles this way it will last me another year i'm thinking rocker arms, bore out TB n use LS1 fuel injectors n intake upgraded spark plug wires cat-back i have no mods and haven't been with my car in a year since i was deployed.
    \"its been long over due\"

what year car?

intake, exhaust, gears/lsd are the first steps

Porting your TB is not necessary since you have nothing forcing a lot of air into it anyways. Get the basic bolt ons first along with a good tune up.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

1998 firebird auto w/OD

Comment

You definitely don't need new fuel injectors.

Spend the money on the basics before going into the engine. You've got lots of basic stuff to get through first.

Moving to General Tech.
        Matt
        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

New fuel injectors is pointless. More fuel does not automatically equal more power. Basic bolt ons to start: Intake, exhaust. High flow cat if you'd like, headers, suspesion mods etc.
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

so stay away from the rocker arms? what about electric water pump? i mean something worth wild but i understand the exhaust n intake approach i just want to see most gaings for the buck thank you for you time n comments

Comment

Rocker arms on a stock car are definitely not a worthwile mod.

Electric water pump won't give you any extra power. In fact, following physics it could actualy rob you a tiny bit.

The best bang for the buck is the basics...intake/exhaust, gears, etc.
              Matt
              1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
              Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

What are you doing with the car?

g
                2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

nitrous, fuel injectors, spark plugs, tires, and suspension
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

ok ok so let me try this a cat back 2 3/4 with 8.5MM spark plug wires, what you think whisper lid or....? and headers, roller rocker arms?

Comment

Most bang for the buck, huh?
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/CAMARO-3-8-V6-PO...QQcmdZViewItem
                      Bam! that is 60 HP to the wheels. throw in another few hundred for a catback (or better yet a full 3" exhaust conversion...VERY EASY...magnaflow LT1 1994-97 v8 fbody catback and a 3x3 cat)

Add headers latter IF you want.

Read up on the subject, think about it. It will transform you car. period.
                      Visit us over in the forced induction forum or check out my site for more info.

I don't know nothing about that particular 'ebay' kit other than it even comes with gauges and stuff. that is a tidy some saved right there. rebuilding a powerdyne (bearings and inner belt) is affordable if need be...but he says it is newish)

I wouldn't mess with a fellow servicman. HuAah.
                      01 Firebird A4 3.42
                      Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                      and other mods
                      Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X