i'm bogging!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm bogging!!!!

when i hit a hard acceleration and my rpms get way up there i bog like a mofo. its quick and it fixes itself real quick. what could be causing this? its consistant when i hit close to redline. only started happening after the power pack install. any help is appreciated. its real consistant, i can go outside right now and make it bog if i punched it wot.
    6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

What converter you have now?
    97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

2800 stall
      i was told that maybe my converter is kicking in too early. redbird, is that what you are thinking? i was also told maybe too much gas, or not enough gas.

Comment

Maybe its knock retard? Have you ever tried autotap or a scanner of some kind? give us some readings so we can help better
        Justin<br /><a href=\"http://www.bass482.com/firebird/index.html\" target=\"_blank\"> 2000 Black Firebird A4 Y87<br /></a>170.2rwhp/203rwtq (SAE Corrected)

Comment

define my rpms get way up there. could you be hitting the rev limiter?

Comment

I'm thinkn' rev limiter also. When I jump down on it I have to watch the tach or I "bounce" off the rev limiter but then again I have a 5spd....
            I have made a lot of money in my life, most of which I spent on cars and women.<p>The rest I have blown.

Comment

i never used to hit the rev limiter before, would it just start happening? i know my times at the track would be more of what i expected if i could get away from this. this is of coarse after i installed the power pack and cai.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X