Idle fine but stalling at stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle fine but stalling at stop

Over the last two days I've stalled 4 times when coming to a stop. Idle is perfect. The only work previously done was an oil change & I unscrewed the MAIF sensor to take a peak inside for dirt. Clean. Re-installed sensor. No codes. Fuel problem?
    Have a 3800 but looking for a Z or SS - Pewter, Stick,T-Tops are only requirements...it\'ll come.<br />My kids are always making unauthorized mod\'s in the backseat

MAF

Comment

Do you have an A4? Do you think it could be the TCC not disengaging? When it stalls, is it like a manual when you don't let the clutch out? Or is it running when you're stopped, and then it just dies?
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bell:
        Do you have an A4? Do you think it could be the TCC not disengaging? When it stalls, is it like a manual when you don't let the clutch out? Or is it running when you're stopped, and then it just dies?
        I Agree.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

I apologize I didn't offer enough info. I have a 5 speed 2002. It stalls (erratically) when I drop down to neutral. Is there an interlock between the cruise control switch and neutral? I would think there is to keep you from trying to reach your set speed in neutral.(say you bumped yourself out of gear by mistake while in cruise mode)
          To answer your question Rob: as soon as I drop it into neutral, the engine just quits, nothing rough at all, Now the weird part about this is it's sporatic.That's why I'm thinking it's electrical.
          Have a 3800 but looking for a Z or SS - Pewter, Stick,T-Tops are only requirements...it\'ll come.<br />My kids are always making unauthorized mod\'s in the backseat

Comment

Yeah I'm not familiar with the M5 (not even much with the A4, I have not done any work to my car yet), but I'll bet there's a switch or sensor somewhere that is telling the engine to quit. Probably some safety feature gone bad. You'll need an M5 expert to help on this one. Get Haynes manual too, you'll learn a lot just reading it in your spare time.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X