This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it With Injectors?

Why do so many people have a totally wrong-headed idea about injectors and when and if you need to change their size?

Maybe it is the old school 'bigger carb' school of thought, but how many times have I seen someone thinking that bigger is better - revealing a total ignorance of just how engine control systems and injection work.

And I wonder how many idiots out there went blindly ahead and installed larger injectors (which of course will adjust to supply exactly as much fuel as the old smaller injectors would have), perhaps causing themselves problems with idle if the injectors chosen are large enough as to be unable to supply lean enough mix at minimum cycle?

FI has been around a long time - why are so many owners back in the last millennium with their thinking? Bigger isn't necessarily better, guys. :rolleyes:

More gas means more boom, doesn't it? Makes sense to me! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

?? im going with bigger injectors, cause my car would die with the stock and FI.
      i havent seen many that did put 36#+ just for NA

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
        More gas means more boom, doesn't it? Makes sense to me!
        No, it doesn't. That's exactly what I am talking about. A larger injector will not give one iota more fuel unless the ECM signals it to do so. Doesn't matter if you have 15 pound or 30 pound. UNLESS the engine has been improved to the point where it's fuel requirements exceed the ability of the stock injectors to supply it, and that usually takes a fair bit of modification.

Going to a larger injector on an otherwise unmodified engine will get you zero horsepower improvement and may cause idle problems.

Comment

Im sure he was just playing when he said that.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyZ72:
            Im sure he was just playing when he said that.
            ;)
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

:D :rolleyes: :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X