Fuel pump plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump plug?

I hope everyone is having a great new year! I just replaced my fuel pump with a walbro 255 by using the trap door mod. The problem is getting the pump to turn on when trying to start the car.

It seems like if I play with wires a little that plug into the top of the fuel pump holder it will prime, but sometimes it wont. Is there a way to check the wires that connect to the pump without dropping the tank? or could there be a possible shotage in the plug itself?

I'm going out on a limb to say that the pump is good. When it does prime and the car is running it drives and idles smoothly. Also this is my second attempt to replace the pump. The first one was an ebay pump that crapped out the first day so I'm hoping I wouldn't have two bad pumps in a row.

*edit* forgot to mention it's a 2001 3.8 firebird
    Last edited by calliph; 01-01-2010, 01:56 PM.

Re: Fuel pump plug?

try tapping the harness going up over the tank from under neath and see if it is sending power to the pump. At least eliminate anything ahead of that point. Then it depends on if the pump is seeing the power or the connector is giving you fits. Most likely you will end up opening your trap door again and testing right at the pump
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Re: Fuel pump plug?

Thanks for the quick response. I haven't closed the pump in yet so I have been jiggling the plug on the top part of the fuel pump assembly, and it would work after that, but now it wont. Is there a way to access the electrical wires that connect to the pump without dropping the tank? If so I'm wondering if they're not getting a good connection.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
        by ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
        1 week ago
      • RPDRed6
        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
        by RPDRed6
        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
        3 weeks ago
      • ssms5411
        No start problem
        by ssms5411
        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X