Over heating problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over heating problem

I was sitting parked in my 99 Camaro and I noticed that the "check Gauges" light came on. I looked and the temp gauge was pinned all the way up. I Turned the car off as soon as it happened and I decided to let it cool and start it again. I waited around 45 minutes and I started it again. and the gauge went straight back to the red. It's 20 degrees outside how could it be that hot? I checked the coolant level and it was full so I Replaced the thermostat and it still did same thing. I decided to let it sit over night just to make sure that it is completely cool. The next day i tried to start it and wont turn over. It acts like it wants to start but it won't. I noticed that when I turn the key to start it the temp gauge jumps up to normal running temp even though I know it's cold. There is no leaking coolant and I didn't notice any odd sounds so I don't think its the water pump. Does anyone have any idea about what the problem maybe? I was thinking maybe the coolant temp sensor so I'm going to replace it tomorow.

Re: Over heating problem

have you checked the oil for a milky brown color??
    Just a v6 with a few mods, no big plans :bs:

sigpic

Comment

No not yet...I figured I would change the coolant sensor first and the I'll check the oil to see if it's a blown head gasket

Comment

Well I changed the temp sensor today and it started right up and ran smooth. :tup: It took a while to get to normal driving temp but it got there and didn't go over 210. I decided to go ahead and bleed the coolant system to make sure no air got in.

Comment

hey guys

I have a 1994 camaro, and it seems to be over heating easly now and it hasn't done it till now and im not sure why its doing it.....My fan that cools my car doesn't seem to be working when i turn on the car im guessing that could be the problem. i checked the fuse and that could be it too. then again i heard it could all so be the Radiator not to sure.. how can i find out?

Amaya :)

Comment

If your AC works turn it on to see if the fans kick on. If the compressor comes on and the fans don't, it's probably the fan relay. If only one fan comes on, you probably have a bad fan or a broken wire. I'm assuming you have two fans like the 3.8 cars do.

To test the fan itself, you can jump it to the battery and see if it works. If it does, you then have to test the wires going to the fan to see if they have voltage. Work your way back to the relay. You may also have a sensor that tells the fan to come on, you'd need to check that too. A non-running fan shouldn't be too hard to fix. Just be methodical, and start at the fan and test the parts, working your way back to the relay and temp sensor (if it has one).
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X