X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! PWR WINDOW

if this is in the incorrect forum, please let me know where to move it
    ok , im not the most mech. savy guy.
    i removed and replaced my window lift motor, and the linkage will not line up now, as well as the fact that all but one of the track/channel guide rollers are now just hanging around doing what ever the heck they want . how can i get them back in or on track and get this nightmare over!!!! :eek:
    restore,rebuild,refit,remodify

I attempted to replace the driver's side motor a few weeks ago, and it went horribly bad. Ended up scratching the window tint, losing the window spring, and all of the window tracks popped out. Gave it to a local shop to get me out of the rut which ran me over $100, then I had to scrape all of the old tint off and get that replaced by a professional too. Needless to say, I was pissed!
    sigpic

Comment

ouch i gotta do mine too, hope it isnt that bad
      92 25th rally sport garage baby, 97 30th rally sport, 01 camaro garage baby. obsessive compulsive camaro fan. id rather push a camaro then drive a rice burner.

Comment

Hockeyman, how could a simple window motor replacement gone so wrong? What were you doing that you lost the window spring and had the window tracks pop out?
        ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac nino:
          Hockeyman, how could a simple window motor replacement gone so wrong? What were you doing that you lost the window spring and had the window tracks pop out?
          Dunno...? I started by drilling the rivets out, but the window was rolled all the way down putting tension on the spring. Thus allowing it to jump out of it's mount when the last rivet was punched and whack the window scratching the tint. As I tried to lift the window up, I pulled on the gear a little to much and dismounted the tracks. Lucky I didn't have my service revolver with me at the time :mad: :mad:
          sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X