Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues

My car has some interesting issues. First off the car will die at a stop sometimes. There is no, stutter or anything, just dead. Then the speedometer only works once in a while. Also the brake light that would normally come on if ebrake was set stays on. Maybe these are all related. I was thinking maybe the idler has issues. What do you guys think. I might have posted something about this before but it went away for a while and came back recently after I had to slam brakes to miss a car on freeway.

Re: Issues

looking around threads looks like IAC or TPS issues could be my problem with the dying at idle at a stop

Comment

Just for other possible issues.. Your alternator could be going or you have some corroded cables or connections. Check the ground straps to the engine, (on the drivers side and near the AC), and of course the battery terminals.

As for the brake like, I can't remember exactly if it was the ABS light or ebrake light that stays on if the third brake light bulbs are blown. Something easy to check. If it's not that, then I would look into pulling the console open and looking at the electrical components of the brake lever. I don't know exactly what you'd be looking for down there since I haven't had to do it myself but I imagine your problem could possibly be down there with the brake light.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

The wire that goes to the e-brake is easy to find, so like blizz said, take a look at that, in my car it's just a single wire at the base of the e-brake mount...
        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I don't think it is the alternator. Car has no issues that point towards no charge. Observed it today and when this happens the rpm's drop all the way to 0 and it dies. But this doesn't always happen.... on the brake indicator I will check the rear brake lights and see. Speedo I am still confused about.

Comment

What about a dying pcm? When mine fried, it had sortof the same issues. And when I replaced it with one out of the junkyard, it ran fine, cept for the speedo because mines a stick and the junkyard computer was outof a automatic car.

Comment

When you have a loose connection or failing battery/alt your gauges freak out, i just thought it could possibly be related to the speedo. But then again, you would probably notice more than just your speedometer failing.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Still haven't figured it out and it is dying more often. Any more ideas

Comment

When my ignition switch died a couple of weeks ago, it created a lot of weird issues. spedo, tack and volt gauge would bounce around, had to hold the key to keep it running, security light doesn't come on as much as it did before.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                    Good to see the site is back up
                    by 2.8 Bird
                    So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                    3 days ago
                  • FirebirdGT
                    New Site Hosting Issues
                    by FirebirdGT
                    All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                    2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X