Fuel Filter Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Filter Help

Hey i've been searching the site and can't seem to find anybody's preferences on what company to buy a fuel filter from. Any suggestions on what brand is better than the others?

Re: Fuel Filter Help

I would just go with replacement.It's more important that it gets changed when it should. It's commonly overlooked and not replaced as often as it should be (at least in my experiences with vehicles I've owned )

Comment

Originally posted by golfproeric View Post
      Hey i've been searching the site and can't seem to find anybody's preferences on what company to buy a fuel filter from. Any suggestions on what brand is better than the others?
      Go ahead and just get whatever brand you can find at one of the local parts stores. They're all going to do their job the same and will be fine so long as you change them at the recommended intervals.

Originally posted by firebirdn View Post
      http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx185/firebirdn/birdedit.jpg
      If you're really going to put forth the effort to use a picture of your car in every post as a signature, I'd advise you go ahead and pay the $10 membership fee. It'll be easier for you and anyone else reading the thread won't get stuck on an oversized random picture.
      '99 Camaro
      '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
      '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
        Go ahead and just get whatever brand you can find at one of the local parts stores. They're all going to do their job the same and will be fine so long as you change them at the recommended intervals.

If you're really going to put forth the effort to use a picture of your car in every post as a signature, I'd advise you go ahead and pay the $10 membership fee. It'll be easier for you and anyone else reading the thread won't get stuck on an oversized random picture.
        X2 , you summed it up pretty well.LOL
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I wouldnt exactly consider it an upgrade, but you can replace just the element in the mr gasket clearviews. You could save a whole $4 each replacement.http://www.jegs.com/i/Mr.+Gasket/720/9748/10002/-1
          You would probably have to contact them to make sure you got the right application.

Comment

alright.. i'll take a trip to autozone and see what they have. thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by golfproeric View Post
              alright.. i'll take a trip to autozone and see what they have. thanks for the input.
              yeah, i wouldnt get a fram though, they have junk oil filters and make no effort to produce better ones, what does that say about the rest of their products?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                2 hours ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                1 week ago
              • LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X