UPDATED: Hypertech Rev Limiter Issue - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED: Hypertech Rev Limiter Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to raise it an it won't.

The guy didn't tell me anything other than that I needed to mail it to them and have them reanalyze it. I feel if they're going to allow me to change the rev limiter, I should be able to do it dont you think?
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I didn't even mess with the rev limiter, I have an auto with no valve or any kind of engine work. It didn't really make me much faster in the 1/4, but it did fix my speedo problem. I'd say these things are really not worth the $300.
      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Camarorulz:
        I didn't even mess with the rev limiter, I have an auto with no valve or any kind of engine work. It didn't really make me much faster in the 1/4, but it did fix my speedo problem. I'd say these things are really not worth the $300.<hr></blockquote>

I am sadly beginning to agree.
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

i am with merlin and mrcoffee on this one. i have an 2000 auto and have no problems.
          if it really does optimize the engines performance with 93 octane i am gratefull. 93 is all that has gone in my engine since the power pack.
          it did fix my speedo with my 3.73s - even though i had to cheat on that and use tire size.
          it did give me back my cruise control after the 3.73s where installed.
          and it says it lowers the fans so i am good there too.
          i have no complaints. yeah 3 bills might not be the price some people want to spend on something that doesnt drop them .2 at the track, but that is just the way it goes.

maybe its an M5 thing????
          best of luck to ya.
          6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

yeah i love mine... went to the track to work on the shift points and accidently programmed it back to stock, and was like "what the heck i'll run it stock" and it was .2 slower... so maybe it is an m5 thing... and after a while of the pcm learning the shift firmness and 93 octane, the shifts are awesome and it feels a little stronger especially on the highway at speed... and the fans do help imo... and as for the rev limiter i set it to 6200 at first and it went all the way to 6200 and no problems except for a small hesitation right before it shifted so i lowered it and corrected the shifts...

merlin
            2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

i wish those dam things cost less..
              $300 is alot of cash for them..
              would pay like 150-175 for one in a heart beat.. but 300 is way to much IMHO..

keep us posted dominic, i am interested in what happens

~Billy

Comment

Will do. UPS doesn't work on memorial day so it will be a few days before I know... [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X