engine running weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine running weird

I was comming home from work last night, its like 5 degrees out, the car was fine for the first 15 miles, i stoped at a red light, and took off with a little throttle, and i thought the tires were spinning on half wet ground, cause the car was vibrating a lil and the engine sounded like it was trying desperately to get traction.. anyway, after the high rev (4k or so) i noticed that my car did not stop being jerky, and it sounds like i have a tiger under my hood now, addd gargle everytime i accelerate, and i notice a small loss of power, and alot of jerkyness under any acceleration..

i dont know what it is, i just changed my plugs and wir3es this summer, and my fuel filter..

i added some drygas to my tank last night to make sure i wasnt sucking ice or anything.. the car starts normal and idles fine..

any ideas?
    03 Subaru WRB WRX<br />Clear parking lights<br />Autometer Phantom Boost guage

I had a similar problem with some plugs that I put in there. I dont know if that is the problem, but after I changed to some splitfire plugs it didnt do it anymore. Maybe you have a frozen or callapsed fuel line. My freind has a 3.4L camaro who has had a problem in cold tempetures with BOTH aftermarket and stock fuel lines . Try taking the negative battery cable loose first to try and reset the computer, it could be air/fuel mixture. Ill ask my freind and see what he thinks, maybe someone else here can give you a little more insight on the subject.
    1995 3.4L<p>K@N FIPK, SLP Fan Switch, Jet Chips 2 stage, Jet Chips Underdrive Pulley, Accel Coils, Nology Plug wires, RKSport Headers, Catco Cat

Comment

Did you just get gas? If so, you probably got some water in your tank with your fill-up.
      Mods: <br /><ul type=\"square\"><li>Appearance: \'CAMARO\' Reflective Concepts Lettering, 3800 V6 Reflective Concepts, Clear Corners, Aluminum Billet Grill <li> Performance: Borla Cat-Back Exhaust w/ Quad Tips, Hurst Comp. Plus Shifter w/ Lou\'s Stick, SLP Fan Control Switch, Powerstat, AAA Aluminum Rims, Whisper Lid, K&N</ul><p>Photo: <a href=\"http://is.uth.tmc.edu/dp/smyles/bluemaro.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">http://is.uth.tmc.edu/dp/smyles/bluemaro.jpg</a>

Comment

the nightmare continues:
        garage said they cant fix it, they dont know where to start..

they retreived 3 codes

1. EGR
        2. Theft Deterant System (something to do with the key)
        3. I forgot..i think he said something about the intake, cause K&N filter has oil in it and it CAN gum up sensors.. so first think before i go try ot trade it in is put old intake back on, and make sure intake sensors are not all gummy.. perhaps ill add new gas too.. as long as the dealer doesnt wanna go test drive it on ice and stuff, i think they wont even notice its running bad heh

Comment

i had a similar problem. i was at a stopsign and was practicing my launch. it was a good launch! then all of a sudden i heard this god awefull grinding noise i thought i had broke an engine mount. so i coasted into my driveway. it turned out that my catalytic converter just broke off the i pipe. of course it made the car have that loud gurlge to. not as loud as my cutout bieng wide open, but it was very deep and loud. check your exhaust pipes. my header flange gasket just went out a few weeks ago and day by day it get louder and louder and of course the shakyness gets worse and worse. its just plain annoying now :mad:
          6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Mine honestly drives and runs bad when you give it gas thou, its not just annoying, its almost something you wouldnt want to drive..

I just hope the dealer tonight doesnt figure it out, and if he does, ill tell him it might have ice in the tank that fouled up the injectors..

dunno if he will buy it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X