white smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white smoke

I have a 2000 camaro rs, and lets say i did a couple donuts and maybe a burnout or two, and after this, i pop my hood and find white smoke coming from the right side of the engine, down near the headers, and the whole engine looks like someone just took a hose to it. im thinking a seal busted and sprayed power steering everywhere, but honestly i have no clue. help.
    2000 Camaro 3.8l T5<br />whisper lid, free ram air mod

Start with:

Check power steering and all other fluid levels.

Run the engine and get in there to see where the leak is comming from. Get someone to turn the steering while looking for leaks.

If your spraying that much fluid it shouldn't be too hard to find!!
    Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Ive done all that, and every few days i need to add fluid. the steering gets really tough when im not moving, sometimes it works fine, but sometimes i can barely turn the wheel. as for finding the leak, i honestly dont know, there isnt really a single point of origin that i can find, its like its coming from everywhere, i think the best thing is to just take it into the shop, id like to try and fix it on my own, but that might not be possible

Comment

good news, i found the leak, luckily its just a hose and im bringing it in tomorrow, thanks for the help

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X