Which hose is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which hose is this?

Earlier tonight I was at a drive-thru when I noticed some steam/smoke coming from the hood. I checked under the car and noticed that it was dripping some liquid. I made it home and opened the hood and noticed that one of the hoses had a small leak that coolant was spraying out of (think of a water balloon that has been punctured by a needle) and the coolant was hitting some hot engine parts.

So, it looks like I need to replace my radiator hoses...I might as well do both. The hose that is leaking is the one that is under the EGR/oil dipstick...is this the upper or lower? I'm looking online and out of Goodyear/Gates/Delco, I'm just going to re-order Delco.

This is on my '96 Camaro.

Re: Which hose is this?

Its your lower radiator hose
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Any real differences between Delco/Goodyear/Gates/NAPA?

Stealership is on backorder while I can get NAPA now or Goodyear/Gates about 30 minutes away.

Comment

I've always had good luck with NAPA parts. My local NAPA stores (Houston) seem to have EVERYTHING in stock for my camaro. Especially parts that oreilly, dealership (sux), avanced (sux), autozone (sux), dont have in stock. Oreilly is my favorite though since their quality and prices are good, but NAPA is king for parts that you need today. Prices at NAPA are a tad high compared to oreilly, but the quality has always been as good or better for me.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. I found a local Delco dealer (way cheaper than dealership) and picked them up.

I found what the culprit was: a tube from the EGR to driver's side header was sitting near the radiator hose and burned right through it. I'm trying to figure out what I can wrap around either the radiator hose or metal tubing to prevent this from happening again. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hah.. it's funny. I installed my headers sometime before this thread and had the same thing happen. I tried header wrap, but that lasted about 2 months. Now its slowly burning through again. What did you end up doing?
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X