alarm ground wire??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alarm ground wire??

does anyone know where i can find the stock alarm ground wire in a 98 firebird im hooking up a alarm led to accompany the one on the dash but it needs to hook to the factory alarm ground

thanks

best wishes
    Adam

if it is just an led it can use any ground.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by knowledgefreak:
      if it is just an led it can use any ground.<hr></blockquote>

I think he has to use the alarm ground for the led and not any ground b/c thats how the alarm controls when the led should flash, and when it should go off.

But anyway, I'm not sure about this, but have you checked behind the panel in the passenger side that's under the glove box? I think when I took mine off, I saw a place where the factory alarm where to go if I had one. If the alarm brain is there, the ground should be right around there. Hope this helps.
      1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

no the led has nothing to do with causing the alarm to go off it is a simply light thats it.

the triggers are in the door and else where

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by knowledgefreak:
          no the led has nothing to do with causing the alarm to go off it is a simply light thats it.

the triggers are in the door and else where
          <hr></blockquote>

Heh, I didn't mean that the led controls the alarm. It obvioulsy doesn't. I meant that the alarm would ground the led once the alarm has been activated by keyless remote or whatever, then it would make the led flash. Then whenever the alarm is deactiviated, and he wants to get in his car, the alarm wouldn't be grounding the led, and so the light would not be flashing anymore. If the alarm didn't control when the led was to flash, the led would flash 24/7 and mever stop. That's how my aftermarket alarm works at least.
          1998 Arctic White Camaro<br />3.8L V6 M5<br />Flowmaster 80 Series with 3\" tips<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N<br />Flowtech Cutout<br />Free-Ram Air Mod<br />Blue Underbody Neon Kit<br />3 MTX 6000 10\" Subs<br />Rockford 800a2 Amp<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/jeep327\" target=\"_blank\">My Camaro</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago
          • SixShooter'00Camaro
            Revival
            by SixShooter'00Camaro
            Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X