Which is Best Alternator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is Best Alternator?

You guessed it my alternator is bad. Here are the pages from autozone and Gm parts direct of the alternators available. Which would you buy?

Gm parts direct Part number 10464407
    Autozone

[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: PewterBird ]</p>
    Cardomain

I wouldn't buy any of them from Autozone, they all have 3mo. warrantys or Limited Warrantys. I don't know about your area but down here I bought an AC Delco for around $70 with core return at WesternAuto. It has a lifetime warranty with it so if it ever goes bad I got a new one. I've heard warnings from buying electronic related stuff at autozone, so i'd stay away. I never had a problem yet with my alternator and it's been almost a good year.

Ted

Comment

I just put in a new alternator a few months ago........delphi i think? Anywyas it has a lifetime warranty, cost me like $90
      Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cassie:
        I just put in a new alternator a few months ago........delphi i think? Anywyas it has a lifetime warranty, cost me like $90<hr></blockquote>

Where did you get that one?
        Cardomain

Comment

okay oops. it has 4yr replacement guarentee on it. Delphi from Advanced Auto Parts.....$88.50 not including the $55 core charge.
          Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

DO NOT GET ANY ELECTRONIC PARTS FROM AUTOZONE!!!!! My mechanic put 4 starters on my car before we said to hell with it and got one from Carquest which has been working GREAT since. He told me never never never get ANYTHING that has to do with electric from Autozone except batteries and plug wires. Just my .02

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X