alternative cam drive ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternative cam drive ?

I had a two liter 4 cam Dino years ago that used straight cut gears driven off of the crank nose that drove sprockets with chains which then spun the cams and I have never gotten the sound of those gears out of my head.

I see that Jegs, and perhaps others, offer gear sets to replace the OEM sprocket and chain arrangement of several different makes but I don't see one for a 3.4 V6.

Jeg's site is down for maintenance at the moment so I can't email them my question....Are there any such animals out there that are 60 degree V6 specific, or can any of the ones that are advertised be modified to fit a 60 degree engine?

Jack

Re: alternative cam drive ?

Keep in mind that if you converted a chain drive timing to a direct gear, unless there's a third idler gear in the center the cam will be rotating in the reverse direction. You'd need a cam ground to account for this.
    Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
    Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Re: alternative cam drive ?

Originally posted by zlexiss View Post
      Keep in mind that if you converted a chain drive timing to a direct gear, unless there's a third idler gear in the center the cam will be rotating in the reverse direction. You'd need a cam ground to account for this.
      huh?

gear drives dont require special cams... but i dont think they make them for any chevy v6

edit* oh, i misread your post. nevermind.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X