My weekend plans - working on the V6 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My weekend plans - working on the V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My weekend plans - working on the V6

For the first time in a few months I finally managed to get a full weekend off. The ole' lady is out of town for the weekend so I made the hour drive to Rising Sun, Indiana to stay at my parents for the weekend and work on the V6.

First things first, it got a much needed bath!

Scrubbed the hood and front bumper cover three times to remove all of the bugs..

Vacuumed the inside and wiped down the dash.. still not completely done with the interior though..

and finally before bed, removed the driver side door panel..

I purchased a new window motor kit which I will install tomorrow. I bought a new door panel bezel from eBay and hopefully it will arrive Monday. The door panel will stay off of the door until then.

After the window motor is done, the claybar, polish and paste wax detail will begin. This is pretty much going to take up the entire day tomorrow. My paint is looking kinda dull lately.

I will post pics when the final product is ready tomorrow evening.

Enjoy your weekend!

Re: My weekend plans - working on the V6

by new window motor you mean new manual regulator and hand crank right? lol.

Car looks sharp man, I'm sure it'll clean up nicely.
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Lol, I am giving it one more chance to work. If this motor fails.. I will likely convert to manual windows. I am more fond of manual everything on a car because it is less weight and less money flying out the window (no pun intended) for repairs. My only concern is that I don't know how long I will keep this car.. 6 months, a year, 3 years?? I tend to go through cars rather quickly. I'm worried that manual windows might hurt the value and sale of the vehicle down the road.

On another subject, I have the Meguiars clay bar kit that has been around the garage for about three years. I used it on my previous Camaro twice and once on the LaCrosse and was very please with the results. I used it again this afternoon and it was difficult to wipe off and didn't look or feel right.. perhaps the spray mist is too old? I only used it on the quarter panels and rear bumper before I gave up. I rewashed the car and applied a nice coat of NuFinish which did an excellent job! I am about to head to the small town NAPA out here and buy some paste wax because my father used the rest of mine. I don't make it out here to their house very often, maybe once a month, and he always seems to use up the stuff that I leave here. :twak:

Until today I had never noticed all of the tiny rock chips and small paint cracks on the front bumper cover. I honestly don't think there is anything I can do about them unless the cover is repainted. Unfortunately the car went from 40 miles a week to daily driver status so it wouldn't make much sense to have it repainted. I love black cars and usually make it a point to buy a black car, but you can see everything in the paint. Maybe my next car will be white.

BTW, is there a way to bring the paint back to life on the fender.. the area that tucks into the wheel well behind the tire? It is dull from 10 years of crap flying up from the tires.

Comment

You should try Trutle wax black box on your car , it does wonders on black cars, I use it with a buffer but I did it the first time by hand. The buffer works real well and saves alot of time.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Dont convert to manual windows! Use this! It will make your windows fast like a normal car lol

http://www.autotrix.net/Product-Pass...Fix-Kit_1.aspx

Comment

interesting.. anyone have first hand account of that kit? my only concern would be battery drain.
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X