This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W68?

Theres this guy I know who has a 3.4 with intake, exhaust, gears, lsd, etc. He put "W68 Performance package" stickers on his car. I thought W68 was a Sport APPEARANCE Package? And isn't it only available in newer models? He just backed out of a race with me, I thought it would have been a good one too! Sissy. He said lets go to the track and "do it leagally", and I said, "No fun!" hehe.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
    Theres this guy I know who has a 3.4 with intake, exhaust, gears, lsd, etc. He put "W68 Performance package" stickers on his car. I thought W68 was a Sport APPEARANCE Package? And isn't it only available in newer models? He just backed out of a race with me, I thought it would have been a good one too! Sissy. He said lets go to the track and "do it leagally", and I said, "No fun!" hehe.<hr></blockquote>

The W68 package consists of ground effect, and dual exhaust outlets, yes it is an APPEARANCE package

and as far as racing on the street, i didn't know it was more fun to endanger your life, and the lives of other instead of going to the track where it is a controlled enviroment, but maybe thats just me being silly again

:rolleyes:
    <a href=\"http://www.velocitysix.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Velocity Six Car Club</a><p>1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />15.384@87.13mph

Comment

Well,
      You can thank me for breeding a bunch of sticker-abusing idiots on the street.

W68 Performance Package decals were to be for SHOW only - so people would recognize me and my car at shows. It was just to visually enhance the car similar to a WS6. Y87 Performance Package and W68 Appearance Package decals looked totally like CRAP. Therefore, it's in the form you may have seen.

I have decal #1, so blame me. I had them custom-made by Firebat...

Until then...the W68 package came out in late 1996. They are all 3800 V6 Firebird with dual ovals and gfx...

R

Comment

So Rich, you were meaning a CROSS between the W68 and the y-87 packages? Also when I street race, we go out by a huge shipping industrial building, when its closed and theres a mile or two of straight open road. Just as safe as the track, just the thrill of a one-on-one race, no clocks, just driver vs driver. I agree the track is better, but its not always open and costs money.
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
          Just as safe as the track<hr></blockquote>
          You have an emergency response crew at those industrial buildings? I'm impressed.
          \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

It's W68 Performance Package because it FIT like the WS6 Performance Package emblem. The Y87 lettering looking aboslutely retarded. The "Sport Appearance Package" lettering was too long, and "Appearance Package" ran a touch too long, also. Therefore, we came to W68 Performance Package. Most of the motoring public doesn't know any better, and most of my F-Body-driving friends don't either. I do, however, tell the story behind the decal when asked...

R

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Just as safe as the track <hr></blockquote>
              If you wreck, you wreck. you took it out of context. I meant that its flat, open. I am not trying to start a big debate, of course the track is safer. but look, people bungee jump because its slightly dangerous. Its an extreme sport. Risks are inherent. We have illegal races in town every saturday, nobody has even been slightly hurt once. Not saying that they won't. I have heard of several wrecks at the track. On the street everyones more alert.
              1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago
              • SixShooter'00Camaro
                Revival
                by SixShooter'00Camaro
                Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X