jet chip for the 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet chip for the 01

HEy, i have been away from this board for awhile, and i tried a search, and didnt come up with anything, is the jet chip worth the 279 bucks what is it capable of doing. how much power are they saying. any help would be appreciated
    01 camaro, 3800, K and N air filter, RkSport ram air<BR>Whisper lid, B and M Ripper shifter, borla exhaust, all through<BR>a 5 spd.

Hey im getting nitrous so i wont need mine but ill sell mine to you for 225... I think they work great. When used with the right stuff (low temp thermostat, and a more free flowing exhaust) they are supposed to put about 15 to 20 hp in your engine. By the way its a stage 2. Get back to me on this cause ive been wanting to sell it for a while now. :D
    2001 Sunset Orange Camaro A4<br />Best times:<br />N/A--14.3<br />60\'--1.98<br />NOS 125--????

Comment

yeah, i would definetly be interested in that deal, as long as you have everything that comes with it, ie.. instructions for it. where could you feel the power increase at? i am also curious about what all the chip does for the car as in specifics, besides changing the timing. did your car ever throw any codes with it on there? get back to me, and we can go from there. Definetely interested.
      gabetaylor1@yahoo.com
      01 camaro, 3800, K and N air filter, RkSport ram air<BR>Whisper lid, B and M Ripper shifter, borla exhaust, all through<BR>a 5 spd.

Comment

Basic mod advice regarding the Jet Chip belongs in General Tech.

I recomend MAFT+ over Jet Chip btw.

moving to general tech.
        Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Here is all I know about the Jet Chip:

First off, don't waste your time w/ the stage one chip, get stage II.

Next, I had it:
          Best time w/ it w/ only induction mods - 15.289 (15.4 consistant)
          Best time w/ out it w/ induction & cutout - 15.4 consistant
          Best time w/ it and w/ cutout - 15.09 consistant

Very little difference in weather and I was running 93 octane gas when I had it in.

I have heard bad things about the chip from ppl in areas w/ 91 octane gas.

I also ran some octane booster when I ran the 15.09, dunno if that made a difference.

I think it is a good mod.

Maft+ is better, yes, but you need that and a scan tool, which is a 500-600 dollar investment compared to 200 (if you get it used) for the jet chip.
          2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

The jet stage 2 made me run rich at wot. So that was my experience.
            Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
            "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
            http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

brad, my email address is up top, i would like to buy it off ya, give me an email, and let me know

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:
                Basic mod advice regarding the Jet Chip belongs in General Tech.

I recomend MAFT+ over Jet Chip btw.

moving to general tech.
                <hr></blockquote>

hey magnus can the MAFT+ for the LT1/LS1s work with our engine. If so, can we "borrow" someone's to use or does the MAFT+ "marry" to the 1st car it is used on

Comment

I believe the MAFT+ is an install and leave on MOD...
                  1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

hey brad, give me an email to let me know if the chip is still for sale, i would like to buy it from ya. get back to me, i have the money

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                      by ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                      1 week ago
                    • RPDRed6
                      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                      by RPDRed6
                      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • ssms5411
                      No start problem
                      by ssms5411
                      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X