Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions

I have a 94 camaro, auto, 3.4 with 125k Mileage. The first place I should start is can some one give me a list of the common set up for my car. Ie: gears, compression ratio, and any other stats I may need.

Paul from this forum has been huge in helpin me to understand this car. My goal is NOT to race but just pick up some HP and some torque.

PLEASE, No one suggest the 5.7 conversion crap....Not my goal. So here is my plan for a new setup on a rebuilt engine.

Headers: Pace setter

Cam: Crane gold race OR Crower Baja Beast 9:1 compression

RollerRockers: Crane gold race OR Comp Magnums w/1.5 ratio

Heads: cleaned with new springs and stuff

CAI: Not sure who offers

Exhaust: Flowmaster

Gears:373's with LSD

Computer: Jet chip stage 2

Does this sound like a 200hp engine. Now, if anyone can offer different part ideas, please feel free to help. Also What are "cut out" and what other internal engine components would help? What is a "scu 2000" Should I look at reconditioning my tranny. And what would it take to switch to a 5 speed.
    Any input on this subject would help

Thanks

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: FitBlaze ]</p>
    Never Under estimate the Sneaky Sneaky...

well, ill try to help out a little here..
    im pretty sure k&n offers a whole intake deal for the 3.4
    an scu2000 recalibrates shift points and speedometer and odometer after a gear change i think (my car doesnt have one for it i dont think, so im not too sure)
    and i think if you get the jet chip, it already readjusts shift points and all that so dont worry about the scu2000, someone correct me if im wrong on this
    other parts: alum. d/s, t/c, new cat converter or gut it, and i cant think of anymore right now
    1992 Camaro RS<br />Performance: K/N filter and custom CAI<br />Stereo/Electronics: 10\" Kicker Subwoofers, DEHP-4400 Pioneer Head Unit<br />Maintenance: New brake lines, New transmission mount<br />Upcoming: Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, Catco Catalytic Converter

Comment

What is d/s and T/C. I talked to a guy at Jet chip and if I do everything I said I will need a custom Jet chip made but he can do it.

Should I put in an ignition system for sharper, stronger spark? As for the Cat I am not sure I can touch it yet cause CT is strict on emissions.

[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: FitBlaze ]</p>

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FitBlaze:
        [QB]What is d/s and T/C.]

d/s= Driveshaft 1 piece aluminum

t/c Torque converter

Comment

just get a catco converter, i think theyre like 50 state emissions legal, and high flo
          not too sure about ignition..somebody else can speak up on that
          1992 Camaro RS<br />Performance: K/N filter and custom CAI<br />Stereo/Electronics: 10\" Kicker Subwoofers, DEHP-4400 Pioneer Head Unit<br />Maintenance: New brake lines, New transmission mount<br />Upcoming: Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, Catco Catalytic Converter

Comment

I keep hearing the term Cut out. What are we refering to here Please?

Comment

cut outs are basicly a valve that you place in your exhaust.. when you open the valve it becomes a path of less resistance thus causing your exhaust gasses to exit though the valve and int the outside air.. It in effect allows you to release exhaust gasses before the cat or muffler.. depending on where you palce it..

I dont acctauly own one.. i dont really think they are too cool.. one, they dump raw exhaust out, which is bad for the enviroment.. and i am no tree hugger.. but.. i dont think its worth it just to sound "loud".. i have heard v6's with cut outs... and well.. its not a pretty sound..

~Billy

Comment

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...62&prmenbr=361
                heres a cutout, just to help you put the description with a picture

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X