yet again i am in a sucks to be situation - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yet again i am in a sucks to be situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet again i am in a sucks to be situation

i go to get in my car to get some dinner with my mom and the security light comes on ???!!! whats this all about i don't know....but it gets worse.....then the abs inop light decides to come on???!!!!! im like why now??? so im not going anywhere in it until what evers wrong is fixed. if you guys have any clues please post im not really happy right now.
    3.4 white 95 firebird<br />K&N air filter <br />dynomax muffler

SES lights can be triggered by a couple things. How many miles are on the car? When was the last time you had a tune up? Also, did you get gas put in recently? Because I had a service engine light on and it went away after I loosened my gas cap and then put it back on.
    <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

i suspect a power problem, battery/alternator will give you all kinds of screwy false alarms if there is something wrong with the charging system.

Do you have some big stereo on your car? I bet that amp just drained your juice.

Comment

i don't have any stero in my car except the crappy stock one. it has about 160,000 miles on it and i don't have until another 1000 miles before i need another service. thanks for the replys keep em comin

Comment

Well kinda sounds like a power problem. The ABS light seems to be fairly common on the 95 I know when mine came on it was getting close to time for brakes. The security light means something is probably wrong with your key since it has that chip in it.
          2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

just for an update the security light went off but the ABS INOP light still remains but it has come on before. Maybe tomorrow I'll jack up my car and check the brakes....know of any key things i should look for. thanks for all the help.

Comment

Computer could be going whacko i took my jet chip out for it caused all of these problems plus more
              My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

I wish it was some mod that i could just take off all i have done is a k&n air filter and i doubt very seriously that would do it. This weekend my dad and I are going to put a new intake manifold gasket on it. so that may take a bit of time oh well i just want it to run right so i can afford to put a couple things on it like exhuast and intake then i'll be happy.

Comment

I have the security light bug and the car doesn't start sometimes because of it...Don't worry...I'm going to RIP apart the dealership tomorrow. THey dismissed the problem the 1st time...not this time.

Comment

thanks let me know how it goes.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by knowledgefreak:
                      i suspect a power problem, battery/alternator will give you all kinds of screwy false alarms if there is something wrong with the charging system.

Do you have some big stereo on your car? I bet that amp just drained your juice.
                      <hr></blockquote>

I agree,

WHen my alternator went out the car couldnt keep the battery charged, but it tries. So alot of the dash lights came on, ABS, SES, Security, and RPM's would stay really high. This is normal for a car with no juice left in the battery.

Comment

Just something to check but i've heard of the ABS ligth comming on when your 3rd break light goes out.

JR
                        1996 Camaro 3.8<br />Edelbrock Exhaust, SLP Intake, Bosch, Platinum +4 Plugs, Accel Wires, SLP fan switch<p>\"Let the good times roll\"

Comment

No, you guys have it all wrong...

The symptoms you described are the "WARNING: MOM IN CAR" alert. F bodies are NOT supposed to be driven with your mom :D

Or look at it this way: At least it happened with your mom in the car and not a date! ;)
                          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

hmmm.... my third brake light is out and my abs is on. maybe your on to something, thanks [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

naw mom wasn't in the car with me. My dad and i are going to work on my car this sunday so hopefully we can get the problem fixed i'll let you all know how it goes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X